Director of Supply Chain
This position will lead and direct all facets of supply chain management including, but not limited to, purchasing, logistics, product repair and refurbishment, warehousing, inventory management, material forecasting, capacity planning and sourcing, master scheduling, inventory control and financial costing, as necessary for JIT materials support to Staymobile. This position will provide leadership and direction on a cross functional basis.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Direct activities of all functions involved in planning, purchasing, repair and logistics, warehousing, fulfillment, and control of materials from the receipt of forecasting replenishment needs to the delivery of products to customer(s).
2. Manage inventory (including the sale of obsolete inventory) and establishes controls to ensure Staymobile is operating at the highest level of performance based on key performance metrics and minimized supply chain risk.
3. Develop strategies, policies, procedures, and team to optimize value of the entire function.
4. Direct the process which includes the planning of procurement, production, inventory control, logistics and distribution.
5. Ensure that every step of the supply chain management process is functioning effectively to avoid costly delays and lost sales opportunities.
6. Communicate needs and objectives to managers and key personnel across the company and partners.
7. Focus on cost reduction and process improvement to increase productivity and profits.
8. Manage relationships between many different vendors and information technology systems.
9. Assure smooth flow of materials by cooperation with company's vendors and partners.
10. Evaluate external market trends as well as internal supply chain continually in order to produce better techniques, source cheaper materials and accelerate processes.
11. Maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements and ethical standards related to procurement and e-waste.
12. Develop and continuously improve supplier programs including certification, relationship management, contract terms and evaluations.
13. Participate in existing and new product planning processes to assure timely acquisition of materials to support product launches.
14. Lead negotiation efforts for major contracts associated with Supply Chain Management.
15. Monitor data management to keep accurate product, contract, pricing, and invoicing information.
16. Establish annual goals and objectives in coordination with company objectives and manage performance to ensure attainment.
17. Train, coach, and mentor group managers.
18. Act as internal SME for future WMS implementation.
19. Additional assignments as business need demands.
1. Extensive consumer electronics experience required.
2. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills is essential.
3. Adept with Lean manufacturing concepts, such as Hoshin, Kanban, JIT, Heijunka, Poke Yoke and practical problem solving.
4. Established track record in the areas of production/quality management, continuous improvement, and cost reduction.
5. Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines is essential.
6. Familiarity with common logistics, warehouse, and continuous flow manufacturing processes and technologies.
7. Strong verbal and written communication skills/ Effective interpersonal skills and strong team player
8. Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Package (to include Outlook, Word, Visio, Excel, and PowerPoint) Experience with common WMS and ERP systems is a plus.
Required education and experience
1. BS Degree in relevant field, MBA is a plus, or equivalent professional work experience.
2. Advanced certifications are a plus.
3. Six Sigma or TPS certification desired.
4. 5-10 years progressive experience in supply chain logistics, purchasing and materials management roles.
5. 5-10 years of direct management experience in wireless or consumer electronics services.
6. Working knowledge of the repair process for consumer electronics required.