Continuous Improvement Assistant
This position is responsible for supporting the continuous improvement program throughout the organization.
• Support and facilitate continuous improvement efforts to drive change throughout the organization.
• Research, analyze, and develop new and improved business processes and conduct related cost-benefit analyses.
• Facilitate workshops and other training events.
• Deliver training to support the implementation of new and improved business processes.
• Maintain tracking system for activities, complete with key indexes for associated improvements.
• Coordinate implementation of new processes and methods with production floor operations and support personnel.
• Educate employees in methods and tools.
• Serve as technical resource to employees regarding the organization’s use of tools.
• May perform other duties and special projects as assigned by supervisor.
Required Skills and Knowledge
• Advanced computer skills, including the use of windows, email, and Microsoft office.
• Advanced verbal communication skills, including group presentation.
• Intermediate knowledge of manufacturing variance programs and other business process improvement tools.
• Intermediate knowledge of process and procedure development and documentation.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, supervisors, and employees.
• Ability to prepare complex written reports and other documents.
• Ability to comprehend complex verbal and written instructions.
Required Education and Experience
• Associate degree in business administration or related field, or equivalent experience.
• 1-2 years related experience.
• Green Belt certification preferred.
• Advanced Math or Statistics courses preferred.
• Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typically, this position will work M-F with times varying based on customer needs.
Less than 10%