HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the top 300 fastest growing private companies in the entire United States. As a support to the Chief of Staff, the Human Resources Assistant is responsible for coordinating and administering various Payroll & Human Resources programs. Also, you will assist in performing HR related duties on a professional level including recruiting, payroll, HR reporting, employee relations, employment law compliance, policy administration, performance management and benefits.
- Post/update open positions in applicant tracking system, conduct background checks of potential new hires, assist applicants with post offer (pre-hire) paperwork.
- Conduct New Hire Orientations for all new employees (benefits, timekeeping system, performance & learning management systems, etc.)
- Process all employee new hires through Staymobile onboarding database and input employee changes in payroll system as requested
- Oversee unemployment claims, garnishments, state, and federal forms.
- Ensure full Labor Law and Wage & Hour compliance is adhered to within all centers.
- Communicate with third-party administrator regarding benefits, worker's compensation, FMLA, and leaves of absence.
- Provide assistance to managers and employees pertaining to The Learning Management System (TLC) and assigning training courses, 1:1 sessions, etc.
- Assist in drafting and preparing documents related to performance management and employee relations issues as well as other HR-managed activities.
- Serve as first point of contact for employees for all HR-related matters and questions including benefits, employee relations, payroll, leaves of absence, PTO, training, etc.)
- Maintain safeguards of confidential company information.
- Other duties and special projects as requested
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
· High School Diploma or GED
· 2+ years HR experience
· 2+ years payroll experience
· Experience with TriNet Payroll/HR system a plus
- HR experience should demonstrate knowledge of applicable state and federal regulations on employment laws, recruitment practices, employee relations, training, and onboarding.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced environment, with strong organizational, and time management skills.
- Relationship focused with excellent interpersonal skills and approachable style.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
The position operates in a conditioned facility.
This is a full-time position.
Less than 30%.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.