Quality and Inventory Control Manager
Manager role with direct reports. Responsible for development and maintenance of Quality Management System (QMS) including quality standards, scorecards, and tracking databases. Responsible for maintaining inventory integrity by managing inventory counts and inventory impacting processes. Utilizes continuous improvement methodologies to identify, recommend, and implement improvements to the QMS and Inventory Control. Supports operational and cross department special projects as needed.
· Develop and maintain QMS.
· Directs, contributes to development of, and maintains quality tracking and inventory control scorecards and databases.
· Works with cross-functional teams to develop and maintain quality standards and procedures for all functional areas within Operations.
· Develop and maintain inventory control standards and procedures
· Investigate, identify, and implement solutions to inventory control issues
· Directs quality requirements from external suppliers
· Directs creation of quality tests and procedures. Ensures procedures are properly documented, standardized, and executed.
· Leads problem resolution, including internal and external corrective actions. Communicates with customers as needed for issue resolutions.
· Directs development and maintenance of work instructions for all functional areas within Operations.
· Utilizes document control methods and document repository to ensure all Operations documentation, policies, and procedures are up to date and available.
· Directs creation and maintenance of standard training documentation for all functional areas within Operations.
· Manages, plans, and executes ISO/R2 certification activities.
· Apply statistical analysis to evaluate quality trends and recommend improvements.
· Familiarity with common logistics, warehouse, and continuous flow manufacturing processes and technologies.
· Wireless and/or consumer electronics industry experience preferred.
· Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines.
· Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
· Experience with common WMS and ERP systems.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
· Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Package (to include Outlook, Word, Visio, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint).
· Strong analytical and problem- solving skills required.
· Six Sigma Green Belt Certification preferred. Black Belt a plus.
· Knowledge of quality sampling techniques.
· Practical knowledge of Lean Manufacturing preferred.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Bachelor’s degree with supply chain or engineering concentration and/or 2-5+ years related experience
This position operates in a conditioned facility
This is a full-time, exempt position
Please note this job description in not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.