Responsible for supporting company initiatives related to Lean Management System, Continuous Improvement, and Engineering Projects. Supports in facilitating store events and projects, as well as implementing results. Utilizes continuous improvement methodologies to identify, recommend, and implement process improvements and projects. Supports management in special projects as needed.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
- Promote a safe work environment for team members.
- Contribute to designing, deploying, and maintaining a Lean Management System.
- Supports Engineering and Continuous Improvement through project tracking and executing assigned tasks.
- Contribute to developing ROI for projects, including identifying equipment needs and quantifying process improvements through times studies and process analysis.
- Supports all company departments to meet or exceed key metrics including but not limited to units per labor hour (ULH), same day ship SLA, customer bounce rate, and shipping accuracy etc.
- Tracks and reports to management on key departmental metrics.
- Utilizes continuous improvement tools and feedback of the team to identify opportunities to increase safety, quality, and productivity.
- Facilitate discussion amongst production team members and leadership to root cause production issues.
- Support creation and maintenance of technical, process, and project documentation
- Train, coach, and mentor functional leaders and team members on Lean principles and Continuous Improvement
- Manage or support project deployment and implementation strategies.
- Design and document value-stream maps and process flows
- Eliminate non-value-added activities through process changes and improvement activities.
- Additional assignments as business need demands.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree with supply chain or engineering concentration or 2-5 years related experience.
- Effective working in group/team settings.
- Familiarity with common logistics, warehouse, and continuous flow manufacturing processes and technologies.
- Wireless and/or consumer electronics industry experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Lean. Six Sigma knowledge a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Package (to include Outlook, Word, Visio, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint).
- Experience with common WMS and ERP systems a plus.
- Experience with CAD a plus.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Technical Capacity.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Organizational Skills.
- Presentation Skills.