BrightPlan partners with employers to help employees achieve financial wellness through digital goals-based planning, tailored education, and access to fiduciary advisors. Studies show that over 50% of employees in the workplace are stressed about finances, and employers are stepping up to alleviate that concern.
We are looking for stellar software engineers to build and ensure our platform provides a flawless experience to our client employees. If you desire to be part of a growing startup, love coding and technology, and to be part of the best of the best, we’d like to hear from you.
Why Work Here? Awesome team, Experienced Leadership, Exciting Mission, Competitive Salary, Annual Bonus, Generous Equity, 401k Employer Contribution, Flexible PTO, Option to Work from Home 2 days a week
This is a senior individual contributor role. You will use Salesforce in the background and need expertise in Apex. Our work is done in restful architecture built with Java. You need proficiency with relational DBMS (e.g. Oracle, Salesforce) and with building and scaling data access using restful APIs. Our key technologies include Java/J2EE, Apex, Heroku, Visual Force/Salesforce Lightning, Spring Boot, and integration engines like Jitterbit and MuleSoft.
Our ideal candidate:
- loves clean software design and writing code
- has Salesforce Certification or equivalent experience (Platform Developer I or II)
- is skilled at experimenting with different concepts to come up with the best technical options quickly
- collaborates well in a fast-paced startup environment
- has depth of experience that comes from being with products long enough to see the impact of your decisions
- Has experience working in a startup in Agile development environment
- has 7 years of experience (or more) as a backend engineer
- Has a degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science
About our company:
- BrightPlan was founded in 2016 with the mission to inspire and guide people to achieve their financial goals
- We are well funded, having completed our Series B round in May 2019
- We value work-life balance - we support this by enabling our team to work from home two days a week and generous PTO
In order to collaborate in our modern San Jose office space, you’ll need to be local to the San Francisco Bay/Silicon Valley areas. We need you to be eligible for permanent employment by any employer in the US, and we are not accepting agency referrals.