Infobase Holdings has an immediate need for a K-12 Business Development Executive. This candidate will need to have the knowledge, skill, and discipline to be accountable for the management of an assigned territory and the generation of new and cross-sale business for our subscription-based products in the K-12 school district market. Our growing subscription-based product line includes streaming video collections, online databases, and other instructional digital media. This role will report to the Senior Director of Sales. Preferred candidates will reside within Florida or Georgia.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Devise and execute an annual strategic territory and growth plan for maximizing new business opportunities including:
- Development of a high priority target list
- Prospecting & lead generation through cold calls and marketing campaigns
- Lead qualification and activity focused on generating new business
- Active phone, networking, & email communication as you prospect new leads
- A commitment to timely and meaningful follow up
- Growing existing book of business by cross-selling
- Daily CRM updating and reporting to accurately represent your pipeline of sales activity and opportunities along with a strong commitment to data integrity
- Achieving sales goals through active listening, relationship building, and regular communication with decision-makers and influencers, including but not limited to chief academic officers, curriculum directors/coordinators, district media directors, librarians, and distance learning coordinators
- Extensive and in-depth competitor profiling
- Being a curious learner who develops & maintains product knowledge for all K-12 Infobase brands and services
- An ability to professionally and successfully conduct product demonstrations onsite and via Zoom
- Adaptability with an openness to learning, change, and feedback
- The charisma to communicate and collaborate openly and effectively with other team members and directors in a positive manner
- Attend conferences and visit accounts, ~50-60% travel
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Self-driven with a hunter’s mentality
- Consultative style selling background
- 3+ years’ sales experience in K-12 market; (ed tech sales a plus)
- 3+ years’ experience creating and executing a strategic territory management plan
- Strong telephone, written, and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable cold calling on top level decision makers
- Agile with the skill to find funding sources, pivot quickly, and position Infobase resources to meet customer needs
- Ability to positively & professionally work across departments to meet customer needs
- Proficiency in common business software tools, including Microsoft Office and contact management tools
- Proof of prior accomplishments/quota achievement, training, collaboration, and positive attitude!
What we offer: We welcome you to a dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities to develop yourself. Infobase’s compensation and benefits are very competitive and the summary below will give you an idea of the kind of things you can expect when joining our team.
- Competitive base salary + a competitive, uncapped, monthly commission plan based on territory revenue
- Company “Summer” Hours – Friday afternoons off from July 4th through Labor Day
- 12 Company-recognized holidays (including one flexible holiday for mental health and/or religious observance)
- Work / Life balance: Paid Time Off (Discretionary days), paid parental leave, employee referral program, wellness seminars and additional programs to participate in
Full Benefits Package:
- Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Accident, Legal, etc.
- Retirement: 401(K) plan, including a company match
- Disability: Employer sponsored Long-term, short-term
- For additional information, please inquire.
Infobase, a Centre Lane Partners portfolio company, is the esteemed provider of the Infobase Media Cloud and the Infobase Learning Cloud, which deliver award-winning multimedia reference content, online tools and technology, and professional development and training solutions to the school, academic, and public library communities.
Enabled by such well-known brands as Facts On File, Learn360, Credo, The Mailbox®, Films Media Group, Bloom's, Ferguson's, Vault, the Infobase Learning Cloud, and CareerEco, Infobase provides students, educators, librarians, corporations, and parents with the broad range of solutions they need to inspire, enable, and inform lifelong learners. For 80 years, Infobase has been a reliable, authoritative resource providing flexible options for accessing educational content whether in school, at the library, or at home. To learn more, visit www.Infobase.com.
IHI Is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category.