Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze current performance of key business trends and initiatives to determine current profitability, identify metrics that have the most direct impact to improve results and recommend tactics to improve performance
- While taking direction from CEO and CFO, work collaboratively with members of the Executive Team (functional leaders of Sales, Technology, Customer Success, Product and Content) on analysis, findings and recommendations
- In collaboration with Executive Team, develop business cases for key initiatives. Perform checkpoint and “post mortem” analysis to measure initiatives performance against business case expectations
- Generate business requirements, gain the approval of executives to ensure they meet the business needs/Convert the business requirements into the technical functional requirements as needed
- Develop solutions for a variety of situations and work on projects requiring evaluation and analysis
- Collaborate with management and team members and other areas of the organization
Desired Experience & Skills:
- 1-2 years of experience as a business analyst preferred
- Experienced database user including table design, querying, and reporting using SQL and MS Access
- Highly proficient with Excel
- PowerBI experience a plus
- Strong communications skills with ability to clearly present information verbally and in writing
- Able to self-manage a diverse and dynamic set of responsibilities, proactively solve problems and / or suggest viable solutions while advancing goals and objectives
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to plan and coordinate work, ensure the efficient flow of projects and processes
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders while ensuring that project scope and timelines are achieved
What we offer:
We welcome you to a dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities to develop yourself. Infobase’s compensation and benefits are very competitive and the summary below will give you an idea of the kind of things you can expect when joining our team.
- Competitive base salary
- Company “Summer” Hours – Friday afternoons off from July 4th through Labor Day
- 12 Company-recognized holidays (including one flexible holiday for mental health and/or religious observance)
- Work / Life balance: Paid Time Off (Discretionary days), paid parental leave, employee referral program, wellness seminars and additional programs to participate in
Full Benefits Package:
o Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Accident, Legal, etc.
o Retirement: 401(K) plan, including a company match
o Disability: Employer sponsored Long-term, short-term
o For additional information, please inquire.
For 80 years, Infobase has created and curated exceptional content for educators, librarians, and learners across the globe. We are proud of our rich history in publishing, from supplying facts on the set of Jeopardy!, to the newsroom with Walter Cronkite, to the bookshelves of the Oval Office. Infobase brands such as Facts On File, Credo, Films On Demand, Learn360, The World Almanac® for Kids, Vault Law, Firsthand, The Mailbox®, CareerEco and many others have long since been trusted resources in the lives of journalists, presidents, teachers, and career seekers just like you! Today, we are an educational solutions provider who facilitates the connection between content, people, and the learning experiences that empower you to evolve personally and professional throughout your life. To learn more, visit www.Infobase.com.
IHI Is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category.