Infobase Holdings has an immediate need for a K-12 Senior Sales Executive/Business Development Executive located in the Midwest/Central US. This candidate will be responsible for the management of an assigned territory and the generation of new and cross-sale business for our subscription-based products in the K-12 school district market. Our growing subscription-based product line includes streaming video collections, online databases, and other instructional digital media. This role will report to the Director of Sales. Preferred candidates will reside within Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, or Tennessee.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Achieve sales goals through direct daily communication with decision-makers and influencers, including curriculum directors/ coordinators, district media directors, librarians and distance learning coordinators
- Prospecting and lead generation through cold calls and marketing campaigns
- Lead qualification and activity focus on generating new business
- Growing existing book of business by cross-selling
- Heavy phone, networking, and email communication as you prospect new leads and follow up
- Devise and execute a strategic territory plan for evaluating and maximizing new business opportunities
- Develop and maintain product knowledge for all K-12 brands and services
- Ability to conduct product demonstrations via onsite and Zoom
- Daily CRM updating and reporting to accurately represent your pipeline of sales activity and opportunities along with strong data integrity commitment.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with other team members and director
- Attend conferences and visit accounts, 50-60% travel
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years’ experience in K-12 market; (ed tech sales a plus)
- Strong telephone, written, and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work across departments to accomplish customer needs
- Strategic territory management
- Ability to find funding sources, pivot quickly, and position IB resources to meet needs
- Proficiency in common business software tools, including Microsoft Office and contact management tools
- Must have a hunter’s mentality and Consultive style selling
- Comfortable cold calling on top level decision makers
- Proof of prior accomplishments/quota achievement, collaboration and positive attitude!
What we offer: We welcome you to a dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities to develop yourself. Infobase’s compensation and benefits are very competitive and the summary below will give you an idea of the kind of things you can expect when joining our team.
- Competitive base salary + a competitive, uncapped, monthly commission plan based on territory revenue.
- Company “Summer” Hours – Friday afternoons off from July 4th through Labor Day
- 12 Company-recognized holidays (including one flexible holiday for mental health and/or religious observance).
- Work / Life balance: Paid Time Off (Discretionary days), paid parental leave, employee referral program, wellness seminars and additional programs to participate in.
Full Benefits Package:
- Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Accident, Legal, etc.
- Retirement: 401(K) plan, including a company match
- Disability: Employer sponsored Long-term, short-term
- For additional information, please inquire.
Infobase, a Centre Lane Partners portfolio company, is the esteemed provider of the Infobase Media Cloud and the Infobase Learning Cloud, which deliver award-winning multimedia reference content, online tools and technology, and professional development and training solutions to the school, academic, and public library communities.
Enabled by such well-known brands as Facts On File, Learn360, Credo, The Mailbox®, Films Media Group, Bloom's, Ferguson's, Vault, the Infobase Learning Cloud, and CareerEco, Infobase provides students, educators, librarians, corporations, and parents with the broad range of solutions they need to inspire, enable, and inform lifelong learners. For 80 years, Infobase has been a reliable, authoritative resource providing flexible options for accessing educational content whether in school, at the library, or at home. To learn more, visit www.Infobase.com.
IHI Is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category.