Reporting to the Director of Product Management, the Product Manager will own the vision and product strategy for assessing strategic investments in existing and new, innovative products. This person will be responsible for the creation and execution of product solutions from idea to market to ongoing adoption, usage, and profitability.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with content subject matter experts to inform strategic insights and align on priorities.
- Validate target markets through market research and develop market opportunity briefs
- Conduct competitive analysis to determine product goals, requirements, and pricing. Translate customer feedback and market trends into prioritized, clearly defined releases.
- Determine customer needs and desires by specifying and conducting research needed to obtain market information relevant to product development and revision.
- Drive and lead cross-functional teams to ensure delivery and implementation of products meets revenue and customer satisfaction goals.
- Investigate build, buy, or strategic partnerships options to fuel growth
- Work closely with Client Success, Sales, and Marketing to drive product enhancements that can directly influence sales, conversion, retention, and cross/up-sell goals
- Own the long-term product roadmap, including product enhancements, maintenance, and innovation for current and future products.
- Develop and drive an effective product and solution development plan, implementation methodology and resourcing plan and create business cases for new products and services.
- Lead cross-functional efforts on internal and external product message, marketing materials, and product launch.
Skills & Experience:
- Nimble, able to pivot quickly based on changes in the market, customer feedback, or other driving forces
- Forecast product needs and results including financial planning, resourcing, sales projections, and marketing needs
- Proven ability to research and understand the targeted markets, clients, and competition
- Serves as the customer advocate in all product decisions and understands user-centered design principles
- Entrepreneurially minded, thrives in an evolving space
- Critically and objectively analyze market needs, pain points, and desires in a concise and compelling fashion
- Ability to understand market and customer needs and translate those needs into viable product solutions
- Understanding of the dynamics of education and academic markets
- Able to successfully launch disruptive and innovative technology and products
- Demonstrate curiosity as it relates to the industry, customer, and clients of customers
- Excellent prioritization skills based on customer needs and business unit requirements
- Ability to effectively manage time and maintain an organized set of records, set goals, and lead successful meetings
- Excellent leadership and internal communication skills
- Aptitude for creativity problem solving
What we offer:
We welcome you to a dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities to develop yourself. Infobase’s compensation and benefits are very competitive and the summary below will give you an idea of the kind of things you can expect when joining our team.
- Competitive base salary
- Company “Summer” Hours – Friday afternoons off from July 4th through Labor Day
- 12 Company-recognized holidays (including one flexible holiday for mental health and/or religious observance).
- Work / Life balance: Paid Time Off (Discretionary days), paid parental leave, employee referral program, wellness seminars and additional programs to participate in.
Full Benefits Package:
- Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Accident, Legal, etc.
- Retirement: 401(K) plan, including a company match
- Disability: Employer sponsored Long-term, short-term
- For additional information, please inquire.
Infobase, a Centre Lane Partners portfolio company, is the esteemed provider of the Infobase Media Cloud and the Infobase Learning Cloud, which deliver award-winning multimedia reference content, online tools and technology, and professional development and training solutions to the school, academic, and public library communities.
Enabled by such well-known brands as Facts On File, Learn360, Credo, The Mailbox®, Films Media Group, Bloom's, Ferguson's, Vault, and the Infobase Learning Cloud, Infobase provides students, educators, librarians, corporations, and parents with the broad range of solutions they need to inspire, enable, and inform lifelong learners. For 80 years, Infobase has been a reliable, authoritative resource providing flexible options for accessing educational content whether in school, at the library, or at home. To learn more, visit www.Infobase.com.
IHI Is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category.