The Associate Editor and Writer will help the Infobase team by writing and updating articles for a database widely used by high schools, colleges, libraries, and debate teams in the educational market. The product presents balanced articles on hundreds of hot topics in politics, government, business, society, and popular culture, all geared to the classroom and academic markets. This position requires the ability to research complex topics quickly and distill, synthesize, and contextualize them clearly, accurately, and objectively for readers.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Writing, editing, and revising articles on contemporary debates and conflicts in American government, economics, and society
- Working in a content management system to edit, produce, and publish articles
- Monitoring a wide variety of news sources and opinion pages for breaking stories that require coverage and updating existing articles to maintain currency
- Following a strict schedule for development, workflow, and publication of articles
- Compiling supplementary materials, such as court cases, timelines, primary sources, and other related content
- Selecting photos, writing captions, and directing artist to create graphs, charts, and maps
- Writing blogs and social media content to highlight new and timely articles
- Reviewing and troubleshooting database for errors.
Skills and Experience:
- A 4-year college degree
- Background in Social Science or Journalism desired
- Excellence in editorial, management, and organizational skills
- Understanding of digital publication using a content management system
- Ability to locate and present information quickly and clearly
- Strong Communication Skills
What we offer:
We welcome you to a dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities to develop yourself. Infobase’s compensation and benefits are very competitive and the summary below will give you an idea of the kind of things you can expect when joining our team.
- Competitive base salary + a competitive, uncapped, monthly commission plan based on territory revenue.
- Company “Summer” Hours – Friday afternoons off from July 4th through Labor Day
- 12 Company-recognized holidays (including one flexible holiday for mental health and/or religious observance).
- Work / Life balance: Paid Time Off (Discretionary days), paid parental leave, employee referral program, wellness seminars and additional programs to participate in.
Full Benefits Package:
o Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Accident, Legal, etc.
o Retirement: 401(K) plan, including a company match
o Disability: Employer sponsored Long-term, short-term
o For additional information, please inquire.
Infobase, a Centre Lane Partners portfolio company, is the esteemed provider of the Infobase Media Cloud and the Infobase Learning Cloud, which deliver award-winning multimedia reference content, online tools and technology, and professional development and training solutions to the school, academic, and public library communities.
Enabled by such well-known brands as Facts On File, Learn360, Credo, The Mailbox®, Films Media Group, Bloom's, Ferguson's, Vault, and the Infobase Learning Cloud, Infobase provides students, educators, librarians, corporations, and parents with the broad range of solutions they need to inspire, enable, and inform lifelong learners. For 80 years, Infobase has been a reliable, authoritative resource providing flexible options for accessing educational content whether in school, at the library, or at home. To learn more, visit www.Infobase.com.
IHI Is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category.