Infobase is seeking an experienced editor/writer to write, revise, and edit news articles and feature stories for World News Digest, an online reference database in the media, library, and research market. The successful candidate will be a skilled writer and hands-on editor, with broad knowledge of politics and current events.
Key responsibilities include:
· Research and write clear, concise, fact-based news articles on a wide range of topics, compiling information from a variety of sources;
· Identify appropriate topics for coverage in assigned subject areas;
· Revise and edit news articles under tight deadlines, incorporating feedback from editorial supervisors;
· Monitor internal communication systems and quickly respond to requests to review copy for immediate publication;
· Use basic html code to create articles for publication in a content management system; and
· Adhere to scope, level, and format requirements of online product.
The ideal candidate will have excellent research and writing skills; a strong knowledge of U.S. and international events; the ability to organize information and present facts with clarity; familiarity and expertise with web-based research; experience in supervising other writers and editors; an understanding of online publication using a content management system; and strong communication skills.
College degree required. Experience writing, editing, and fact-checking news articles highly desirable. Experience in international relations or business and economics background desirable.
Infobase, a Centre Lane Partners portfolio company, is the esteemed provider of the Infobase Media Cloud and the Infobase Learning Cloud, which deliver award-winning multimedia reference content, online tools and technology, and professional development and training solutions to the school, academic, and public library communities.
Enabled by such well-known brands as Facts On File, Learn360, Credo, The Mailbox®, Films Media Group, Bloom's, Ferguson's, Vault, and the Infobase Learning Cloud, Infobase provides students, educators, librarians, corporations, and parents with the broad range of solutions they need to inspire, enable, and inform lifelong learners. For 80 years, Infobase has been a reliable, authoritative resource providing flexible options for accessing educational content whether in school, at the library, or at home. To learn more, visit www.Infobase.com. IHI is an equal opportunity employer.