Infobase Holdings, a midtown reference publisher of school and library content, seeks an Editorial Assistant. This person will report directly to the Editorial Director. In this position, the candidate will perform all administrative tasks including check requests, generating contracts, tracking payments and correspondence for the group.
Editorial duties include, but are not limited to:
- Working in a Content Management System to assign and check articles.
- Perform light copyediting.
- Prepare art and photo logs for output as monthly e-publications.
- Assist in other editorial tasks as needed, largely in the areas of science and K-12 reference.
- The ideal candidate will have good editing and writing skills and a proven ability to complete projects on time and independently.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel
- Familiarity with editing in a Content Management System are expected.
- Knowledge of relevant subject areas is a plus.
- Bachelors degree
- 1-3 years experience in a similar role
Infobase Holdings is an Equal Opportunity Employer