(formerly known as the Parent-Child Home Program www.parent-child.org), a nationally
recognized early childhood literacy, parenting education, and school readiness program,
is seeking a Bay Area Regional Director, based in San Jose. The Regional Director will be responsible for
overseeing the establishment and expansion of the Program in the Bay
Area, beginning in San Jose and expanding into other parts of Santa Clara
County and elsewhere in the Bay Area over the next four years. ParentChild+ has
been selected by GreenLight Fund Bay Area as its 2019 portfolio investment and
has been awarded four years of seed funding to implement in San Jose and
surrounding areas, filling an identified need for school readiness home
visiting services supporting families with 2-4 year-olds and working in
This new position, which will report to the ParentChild+ National Center, will join a network of state and regional directors in Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Washington, and, within the next year, North Carolina, and a network of sites that now spans 15 states and 6 countries. The Bay Area Regional Director will work with the National Center to: establish and provide training, technical assistance, and quality assurance to new ParentChild+ sites in San Jose; develop partnerships across the Bay Area and at the state level with early childhood education, family support, literacy, home visiting, and school readiness organizations; and build relationships with public and private funders at the city, county, and state levels to identify funding streams to sustain and expand ParentChild+.
Outreach, Sustainability and Expansion:
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with public officials at the city, county, and state level to build support for the organization’s funding and home visiting/school readiness services, and serve as ParentChild+’s representative in county and state home visiting and early childhood coalitions.
- Build and expand relationships with potential donors - foundations, corporations, and individuals, to develop and support a Bay Area expansion and sustainability plan.
- Build and staff a ParentChild+ Bay Area Advisory Council to support development and sustainability. The council will start with at least five members from San Jose and will expand to 25, adding members from elsewhere in the Bay Area.
- Develop strategic alliances with other early childhood programs, local and state education and human services agencies, and organizations to expand ParentChild+ implementation and presence.
- Work in coordination with National Center and San Jose/Bay Area partners to develop a San Jose/CA public relations plan to publicize ParentChild+’s work through media outreach, social media and other outreach, conference presentations, participation in forums, etc.
Site Development, Support, and Quality Assurance:
- Work with Bay Area communities and implementing agencies interested in starting ParentChild+ sites, with an initial focus on San Jose, including:
- Information and consultation on what it means to be a ParentChild+ replication site
- Consultation on implementation of both ParentChild+ models (Core/Family Child Care)
- Support with hiring local site coordinators and early learning specialists
- Data entry and reporting
- Organizational capacity issues
- Funding opportunities/Regional initiatives
- Provide training and ongoing staff development, in conjunction with the National Center, to ParentChild+ local site staff and implementing and supporting agencies on the ParentChild+ model and on integration of ParentChild+ into local partner agencies and state systems.
- Build ParentChild+ communities of practice; coordinate communication among ParentChild+ sites through newsletters, site visits, regional meetings, conference calls, and web-based forums.
- Monitor sites’ data in ParentChild+’s management information system (DAISY) in conjunction with National Center staff; review other data and reports, to assess sites’ strengths and challenges.
- Support local sites in implementation of quality improvement measures to assure fidelity to model and excellence in delivery of service; and support local replication sites’ completion of the site certification process,
- Attend all required national ParentChild+ trainings and conferences.
- Bachelor’s Degree, with experience and continuing education in early childhood, education, family support, social work and/or public policy, nonprofit/project management, or communications.
- 5-10 years of experience with program/project management and supervising, training, and/or mentoring staff and volunteers, including utilizing reflective supervision.
- Experience/knowledge of early childhood, family support, and education policy issues.
- Experience with public and private fundraising, particularly in education and early childhood areas.
- Experience with building, supporting, and/or working with boards or advisory committees.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including varied work hours during the day, with some evening and weekend work and some travel (including to NY for National Center activities).
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal/written communication, including public speaking and report and grant writing.
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness; proven ability to work with diverse cultures, individuals, and groups and respect diverse ideas.
- Ability to establish goals, set priorities, and collaborate with others.
- Ability to accept and use feedback.
- Commitment to social services/non-profit work.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
Compensation and Benefits: Compensation commensurate with experience and benefits are competitive. This position is grant funded and will be reviewed annually.
The Bay Area Regional Director
position is located in the San Jose metro area (office space to be
identified). The Bay Area Regional Director
will spend time across the Bay Area, with some travel to Sacramento and to the
National Center in NY.
How to apply: Please send a cover letter and resume, and salary range to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Bay Area Regional Director”. The Parent-Child Home Program is an equal opportunity employer.
About The Parent-Child Home Program: ParentChild+, a national research-based and research-validated early childhood literacy and school readiness program, successfully strengthens families and prepares children for academic success through intensive home visiting. Since 1965, this innovative program has emphasized the importance of quality parent-child interaction to support the cognitive and social-emotional development that children need in order to enter school with the tools to be successful students. Today, in over 114 community-based replication sites in the US, and in Bermuda, Canada, Chile, England, and Ireland, ParentChild+ is helping families who have not had access to economic and educational opportunities create learning-rich home environments and prepare their children to succeed in school and in life. For more information, please visit www.parent-child.org.