ParentChild+ - About Us
ParentChild+, a nationally recognized early childhood school readiness organization working in 16 states and six countries, is an innovative two-generation program focused on providing families early opportunities. We work with communities to build strong local child care sites in neglected and under-funded neighborhoods and with families to build parent-child attachment, school readiness, and school success. We see culturally responsive, high quality, community-based early education as a critical support for families, levelling the playing field before children ever enter their first classroom and helping families enable their children to access a future full of possibilities.
Research Consultant (Part-Time) -- Position Overview
ParentChild+ is seeking a part-time Research Consultant to support the Home-Based Child Care (HBCC) National Initiative, which works with Family Child Care and Family Friend and Neighbor providers, on multiple projects that include collecting, organizing, and coding data related to a home visiting program that supports home-based child care providers. The ideal candidate will value working with people from diverse racial, linguistic, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds, and be experienced in quantitative and qualitative research methods. ParentChild+ is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages people of color and/or marginalized status to apply.
The Research Consultant (part-time) will:
- Develop, facilitate and document focus groups.
- Collect and organize data for research projects.
- Coordinate outreach with partner sites for research projects.
- Assist in project management.
- Code data from interviews, focus groups, and video recordings.
- Prepare statistical tables and graphics for internal and external reports.
- Maintain relationships with program staff to ensure accurate collection and reporting of data.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in the social sciences and/or early child development field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Ability to speak a second language (preferably Spanish).
- Proficient with statistical software and Microsoft Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present to diverse audiences.
- Considers the impact of the work on communities of color and immigrants.
- Experience working with different communication styles.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a part-time position. $25 per hour; 20 hours per week. At least a 5-month commitment with possibility for extension.
How To Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume through the portal. Resumes without cover letters will NOT be considered. You may also apply be submitting your documents to email@example.com with the subject line “Research Consultant”.
ParentChild+ is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We have a clear vision and commitment: to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people engage and do their best work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
More About ParentChild+:
ParentChild+, uses education to break the cycle of poverty for low-income families. We engage early in life and help toddlers, their parents, and their family child care providers access a path to possibility. What we provide isn’t just early literacy, it is early opportunity. For families living in underserved communities, we are a first step on the ladder to success.
An international research-based and research-validated program, we successfully strengthen families and help them prepare their children for academic success through intensive home visiting. Since 1965, this innovative program has emphasized the importance of quality parent-child interaction to help build the skills children need to be successful students. Today, ParentChild+ is helping families who have not had access to economic and educational opportunities prepare their children to succeed in school and in life.
Visit us on the web at: https://www.parentchildplus.org/