The Center Moriches school district in Center Moriches, NY (Suffolk County, NY) is seeking a Home Visitor for the ParentChild+ program. ParentChild+ is a school readiness program for toddlers that promotes parent-child verbal interaction, as well as other literacy activities that have been proven to make a meaningful difference in the reading, writing, and numeracy abilities of the children involved.
Home Visitors work with children 18 months to 3 years old and their families on school readiness skills. Home Visitors conduct weekly visits to homes in the Center Moriches School District to introduce educational books and toys to children and to model techniques for parents/guardians that promote language development and learning through play.
The program runs October 2021 – June 2022.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience working with young children
- Knowledge of early-child development
- Flexibility working with children and families around their schedules
- Ability to write anecdotal reports
- Ability to organize and maintain up-to-date and accurate paperwork
- Ability to work independently and responsibly
- Must attend weekly staff meetings and trainings
- Must have own transportation
- Bi-lingual in Spanish (preferred)
Compensation and Time Commitment: The position pays $15.75 hr (30 minutes visit and 30 minutes for paperwork )
Location: Center Moriches, NY (Suffolk County, NY)
How to apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Home Visitor in the subject line