ParentChild+, a nationally recognized early childhood school readiness organization working in 15 states and six countries, is an innovative two-generation program focused on providing families early opportunities. We work with communities to build strong local sites in neglected and under-funded neighborhoods and with families to build parent-child attachment, school readiness, and school success. We use education to help families find a pathway out of poverty, leveling the playing field before children ever enter their first room and helping families access a future full of possibilities.
ParentChild+ is seeking a full-time Community Outreach Coordinator (COC) to support the Research and Evaluation department with conducting an evaluation in our Philadelphia site. The COC’s primary responsibilities include outreach, recruitment, and enrollment of participants into a randomized control trail and the management of the trial’s control group condition. This is a grant-funded position and ends at the end of the grant – in 18 months, or longer if grant is renewed. The Research and Evaluation department is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages people of color to apply.
The Community Outreach Coordinator will:
- Recruit 200 families into a research study on the effects of Parent Child + on child and family well-being
- Track and manage study participants
- Interact with families by phone and text to keep them engaged in the study
- Form community partnership
- Help families with questionnaires
- Respond to questions/concerns of multiple stakeholders: parents, home visitors, site staff
- Communicate with Parent Child + research team and the Changing Brain Lab at the University of Pennsylvania directed by Allyson Mackey, Ph.D.
Skills and Qualifications
- B.A. preferred but not required
- Highly organized
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with database systems, for example Microsoft Excel, electronic medical records, or REDCap
- Cultural competencies
- Language: native Spanish speaker
- Familiarity with research
- Experience with recruitment, community engagement
Compensation and Time Commitment: $50K + benefits, 40 hours/week
This is a grant-funded position and will run for 18 months.
How to apply: Please send a resume AND COVER LETTER and to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Community Outreach Coordinator. Resumes without cover letters will absolutely not be considered. ParentChild+ is an equal opportunity employer.