ParentChild+, a nationally recognized early childhood school readiness organization working in 15 states and six countries, is an innovative two-generation program focused on providing families early opportunities. We work with communities to build strong local sites in neglected and under-funded neighborhoods and with families to build parent-child attachment, school readiness, and school success. We use education to help families find a pathway out of poverty, leveling the playing field before children ever enter their first classroom and helping families access a future full of possibilities.
ParentChild+ is seeking a part-time Data Assistant to support the Research and Evaluation department on their management information system. The Data Assistant will contribute to data management (i.e. data cleaning and quality assurance) and user support tasks. The ideal candidate will understand how data has been used to harm people and communities, think critically about these risks, and seek to develop frameworks and practices that mitigate harm. The Research and Evaluation department is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages people of color to apply.
The Data Assistant will:
- Identify problems with data quality and communicate issues with stakeholders, including supervisor, software engineers, and program staff.
- Clean data when errors, duplicates, or missing data are identified.
- Design and execute SQL scripts for quality control checks to ensure accurate data entry and tracking.
- Maintain relationships with program staff to ensure accurate collection and reporting of data.
- Engage with program staff to solve data entry and database functionality issues, as well as other user support tasks.
- Test management information system updates.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in information technology or data science. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Strong experience utilizing Microsoft SQL Server.
- Ability to speak a second language (preferably Spanish).
- Understanding of database functionality and structure.
- Considers the impact of the work on communities of color and immigrants.
- Experience working with different communication styles.
Compensation and Time Commitment: $25 per hour; 20-25 hours per week. 6 month contracted time period.
How to apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Data Associate”.
Resumes without cover letters will NOT be considered. We are receiving resumes without cover letters and we are NOT reviewing them. We use your cover letter to assess your writing skills and ability to create a narrative.
ParentChild+ is an equal