NATIONAL DIRECTOR, FAMILY CHILD CARE (FCC) INITIATIVE
ParentChild+ is an international early childhood development/school readiness home-visiting organization, which began its work in 1965 in New York. The organization currently supports a one-on-one model and a family child care model in 16 states and 6 countries. We provide our copyrighted and evidence-based model curricula and the training on how to implement the curricula to school districts, social service agencies, community-based organizations.
ParentChild+ has worked with over 70,000 families since our founding, and we currently reach over 9,000 diverse families and caregivers each year. A key tenent of our work is remediating institutionalized racism by eliminating barriers to opportunity, providing staff opportunities for growth, and working toward equitable access for families and caregivers to the programming we offer.
ABOUT THE FAMILY CHILD CARE INITIATIVE
Building on our deep community connections, over the past decade we have adapted our one-on-one model (core model) to work with family child care (FCC) providers. Our focus is on bringing the unique supports of home visiting to isolated and under-supported home-based providers and to the many families who cannot directly access home visiting services because their children are with another caregiver 8–10 hours per day.
We work with both licensed providers in family and group-family settings, as well as with family, friend, and neighbor providers. A key focus is on bringing professional development and school readiness supports to care environments and engaging the families of children in care to increase their access to school readiness information, materials, and activities.
ABOUT THE ROLE
To lead this expansion, ParentChild+ seeks a motivated leader who is passionate about our mission to expand early learning supports to FCC providers and families in diverse underserved communities. This role is interdisciplinary and requires an entrepreneurial work ethic, nimble project management skills, and visionary disposition. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and serves as a member of the Executive team providing leadership and strategic visioning for ParentChild+’s Family Child Care Initiative.
- Manage the ParentChild+ FCC network, comprised of all partners implementing the FCC model, providing technical support to sites on implementation, curriculum, data collection, and reporting to ensure model fidelity, cross-learning, and identification of best practices.
- Lead organizational work to further inform and design/expand/enhance the FCC model with learnings from the field, including developing and updating curricular, family engagement, and model support materials.
- Develop, deliver, and regularly update training for all staff/sites that are or will be implementing the FCC model, and produce professional development content to be delivered through ParentChild+’s online learning management system, webinars, and in-person.
- Support content development related to data and outcomes reporting, grant applications and reports, strategic communications, and other internal and external materials.
- Establish and support Communities of Practice for ParentChild+ FCC staff and FCC providers.
- Manage the ongoing scaling of the FCC model, collaborating on the development of a multi-year growth plan.
- Conduct outreach to early childhood and child care stakeholders across direct service, advocacy, and research to position the FCC model within the larger early childhood education and care system.
- Identify and develop public and private partnerships and funding streams to support the expansion of the FCC model, at the local, state, and federal level.
RESEARCH AND EVALUATION
- In conjunction with the Research and Evaluation team, support evaluation of and research on the FCC model, assisting in research design development, data management, and analysis.
- Lead the ongoing review of the FCC model’s impact assessment strategy, adjusting data collection protocols where necessary.
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
We are looking for someone with experience in family child care, as a provider, through policy work, or in a role supporting family child care providers. Experience providing technical assistance to communities or within a community-based organization serving historically marginalized populations will be particularly valuable. The ability to communicate with a diverse variety of stakeholders responsively and effectively will also contribute to your success.
You will be prepared to take on this role if you have:
- Supporting or working in early childhood care and education/child care systems.
- Working in program development and management, specific to scaling successful pilot initiatives.
- Supporting equal access to high-quality early care and education and/or family engagement in early education and care.
- Designing and delivering engaging and effective training and professional development.
- Managing complex projects and prioritizing competing tasks.
- Racial equity frameworks/concepts, experience applying them in early care and education.
- Challenges that family child care providers face in their day-to-day operations.
- National/state trends in supporting quality improvement in child care.
- Quantitative and qualitative evaluation methods.
- Systems-building through cross-system and cross-sector collaboration.
The ability to:
- Work independently in a fast-paced working environment.
- Navigate multiple perspectives, communicate across a variety of stakeholders, and build trusting relationships.
- Be a team player, support both external and internal project teams and engage with colleagues regularly.
- Be flexible, listen to/understand the needs of our partners, provide opportunities for regular feedback and communication, and adapt processes and procedures as needed.
- Speak more than one language - preferred but not required.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
This position will be fully virtual during COVID. Applicants do not have to be based in New York; however, they must be able to travel both to New York and other ParentChild+ locations when conditions permit. Preference will be given to applicants who reside in locations where ParentChild+ is active.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is a full-time salaried position requiring a willingness to travel and to work flexible hours on occasion. Compensation range is $90,000 - $100,000.
ParentChild+’s benefit package includes employer contributions to medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, generous vacation leave, 10 paid holidays, a week-long office closure at year-end, and 403b with an employer match. We offer a family-friendly flexible work schedule and work environment.
ParentChild+ values diverse perspectives and life experiences. Applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. ParentChild+ strongly encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ people, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with diverse work and life experiences.
- A cover letter, describing how your experience, knowledge, and abilities align with the scope of work stated in this announcement. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
- A resume or curriculum vitae
The ParentChild+ National Office (when we are working in person) is located at 163B Mineola Boulevard, Mineola, NY 11501, which is a 5-minute walk from the Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) Mineola station.
ParentChild+ is an equal opportunity employer. We value and celebrate diversity, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all staff.
To learn more about ParentChild+ please visit www.parentchildplus.org