a nationally recognized early childhood, school readiness organization working in 15 states and
six countries, is seeking a Development and Communications Assistant.
This position, which will report to the Development and Events Director, is a key administrator that manages and moves forward all Development Department initiatives and is focused on event execution, as well as creation and design of external organizational communication. The Development and Communications Assistant is responsible for coordinating and tracking all logistics of ParentChild+ events. This role also manages all aspects of the organization’s communications, such as website, monthly e-newsletter, social media, and press releases.
The Development and Communications Assistant is expected to work on location in the national office headquarters in Mineola, Long Island.
- Assist in coordination and execution of all fundraising and outreach events, including annual gala, cultivation, corporate/volunteer engagement, golf outing, annual conference, friend-raisers, and educational forums.
- Assist with partner relations. Initiate and manage relationships with funders, book publishers, auction donors, in-kind donors, and vendors. Write gift acknowledgement and other thank you letters, etc.
- Input information in, access information from, and run reports from fundraising management software, Raiser’s Edge.
- Maintain website, including writing new content, creating new pages and features, and updating existing copy and links when required. Proactively coordinate with other Development staff, Research Department staff, and State Directors to determine newsworthy items and stories to showcase.
- Serve as a key point of contact for ParentChild+ sites (125+) on all communication and outreach activities; work with sites to develop compelling success stories and other information to share with ParentChild+ supporters.
- Write, format, and disseminate monthly e-communications to all program sites and partners. Generate and maintain electronic lists from mail software system (Mailchimp).
- Write press releases, newsletters, social media postings, presentations, etc.
BA required with experience in any of the following areas: communications, public relations, social media, and/or event planning.
This is an entry-level position and directed at candidates who have held 1 job or more previously.
Please note: A combination of work experience
is acceptable, e.g. internships in related areas, work completed during pursuit
of academic degree, or post-graduation job experience.
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Adobe InDesign and Photoshop)
- Raiser’s Edge
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Proficiency with creating and editing PowerPoint presentations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe products.
- Proficiency on all mainstream social media platforms
- Spanish speaking and writing ability strongly preferred but not required.
- Ability to work independently in a less formal environment, take initiative, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously; team player who steps up when needed.
Salary $40K - $50K. Full health benefits.
163B Mineola Boulevard, Mineola, NY 11501. ParentChild+ is a five-minute walk from the Mineola LIRR Train Station. Parking is available.
How To Apply
ParentChild+ is an equal opportunity employer
Please send resume and cover letter to https://app.trinethire.com/companies/21158-parentchild/jobs/20747-development-and-communications-assistant.
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
ParentChild+, uses education to break the cycle of poverty for low-income families. We do innovative two-generation programming focused on providing families early opportunities. We work with communities to build strong local sites in under-funded neighborhoods, and with families to build parent-child attachment, school readiness, and school success. We use education to help families find a pathway out of poverty, leveling the playing field before children ever enter their first classroom and helping families access a future full of possibilities. What ParentChild+ provides isn’t just early literacy, it is early opportunity. For families living in underserved communities, we are a first step on the ladder to success.
Find us on the web at: