TRAINING & PROGRAM SUPPORT ASSOCIATE
ParentChild+ (www.parentchildplus.org, formerly known as the Parent-Child Home Program), a nationally recognized early childhood, school readiness organization working in 15 states and six countries, is seeking a Training and Program Support Associate.
This new position, which will report to the Training and Program Support Director, will assist ParentChild+ sites located across the country with program implementation, training and staff development, and quality assurance. The Associate will develop curriculum for sites and content for in-person and online trainings, and support quality program implementation. This position is expected to travel 5-10% of the time.
New Training and Curriculum Content Development
- Develop training courses and materials for national and international ParentChild+ staff, including content, and formats for online learning, and curricula, materials, and presentations for in-person trainings.
- Oversee the Learning Management System, a new online learning platform being launched in 2019.
Training and Presentations
- Assist with organizing/implementing in-person and online trainings for site coordinators.
- Assist with creating and presenting workshops and conference presentations for current site staff and potential program partners, including early childhood coalitions, funders, school districts, and nonprofit and government agencies.
- Provide support to local site staff and participate in initiatives to insure program fidelity, including ParentChild+ site certification process.
- Support site staff via regular check-ins with local staff and/or regional/state staff.
- Develop content and present enrichment workshops for site staff.
- Collaborate with other ParentChild+ National Center staff:
- Consult with communication staff on web/social media content on items relating to curriculum and early childhood/school readiness
- Work in partnership with grants team to develop funding requests
- Work with research staff to align training and program content with evaluation, and to assess program fidelity and monitor site staff practice in the field.
ParentChild+ Annual Conference
- Help design, organize, and implement ParentChild+ Annual Conference.
- Research/identify keynote speakers, workshop topics, and presenters.
- Assist with conference logistics.
Experience - Required
- Graduate degree in early childhood education, social work, or parenting education preferred. Undergraduates with 2-5 years of related work experience in early childhood education, home visiting, family support, or parenting fields will also be considered.
Experience - Preferred
- Experience developing training content and curriculum in early childhood, family support, and/or parenting education.
- Experience presenting and writing for practitioners and using diverse training approaches for a broad array of adult learners.
This is an associate-level position and directed at candidates who have held 1-3 jobs previously.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, and ability to distill and communicate theory and conceptual models in concise written and visual presentations.
- Familiarity with creating dynamic presentations for both e- and in-person learning, using PowerPoint, Prezi, Adobe Spark, Google Slides, etc.
- Familiarity with online learning platforms, such as Bridge or similar products.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe products.
- Spanish speaking and writing ability preferred but not required.
Compensation and Benefits: Salary $50-60K. Full health benefits.
Address: 163B Mineola Boulevard, Mineola, NY 11501. ParentChild+ is a five-minute walk from the Mineola LIRR Train Station. Parking is available.
How to apply:
ParentChild+ is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send resume and a tailored cover letter that explains why you want to work for us to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Training and Program Support Associate”. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
About ParentChild+: ParentChild+, uses education to break the cycle of poverty for low-income families. We do innovative two-generation programming focused on providing families early opportunities. We work with communities to build strong local sites in under-funded neighborhoods, and with families to build parent-child attachment, school readiness, and school success. We use education to help families find a pathway out of poverty, leveling the playing field before children ever enter their first classroom and helping families access a future full of possibilities. What ParentChild+ provides isn’t just early literacy, it is early opportunity. For families living in underserved communities, we are a first step on the ladder to success.
Find us on the web at: http://www.parentchildplus.org