To help members and guests attain and maintain their personal health and fitness goals, in a professional, service-oriented and fun manner, following medically sound protocols. Provide personal, friendly service to all members and guests on the fitness floor. Make safety a top priority by providing knowledgeable fitness instruction and advise, by constantly monitoring member usage of equipment to ensure proper form and methods and by making sure all fitness equipment is in excellent working condition. Design customized, safe and effective exercise programs for clients, based on needs, goals, starting fitness level and existing medical conditions. Constantly monitor progress and results through one-on-one sessions, and make program adjustments as needed. Provide motivation, encouragement and education to clients. Promote personal training services and other fitness center programs by helping and interacting with members on the fitness floor. Stay knowledgeable on current trends in fitness training and exercise science, and actively pursue additional certifications and/or continuing education opportunities.
DRIVERS of SUCCESS
- Personable, Friendly Demeanor
- Customer Service Obsession
- Personal Training Certification, plus Knowledge/Training in: Exercise Physiology, Exercise Science, Physical Education, Sports Medicine, Health & Nutrition, Fitness Testing and Assessments, other related disciplines
- Team Player, Leadership Skills
- Professional, Responsible, Reliable
- Enthusiasm, Achievement Orientation
- Teaching, Coaching and Communication Skills
- Promotion and Marketing Skills
- Provide aggressive hospitality on the fitness floor through coverage, supervision, accessibility, and visibility
- Promote personal training services by assisting and interacting with members on the fitness floor, and by participating as scheduled in personal training marketing opportunities such as Body Fat Testing, Health Fair Booths, “Ask a Trainer” Table, etc.
- Promote other fitness and club services to clients and members
- Develop a rapport with new clients and gather all information needed (fitness assessment results, relevant medical conditions or limitations, client interests, goals and needs, etc.) to properly design a personalized exercise program
- Adhere to ACSM guidelines regarding exercise prescription
- Instruct clients in the proper usage of all fitness equipment; ensure good form and technique
- Set up training appointments with clients; confirm 24 hours in advance; always be prepared and arrive ten minutes early for all sessions; start sessions on time
- Ensure that all training sessions are paid before providing services
- Conduct training sessions within the “flow” of the fitness center, i.e., share machines when necessary; re-rack plates and dumbbells; follow time limits on cardio equipment during prime time, etc.
- Communicate regularly with client: during a session to gauge level of exertion and comfort, and after sessions to discuss progress, results and satisfaction
- Maintain records on each client: session contents, program adjustments, etc.
- Maintain an active client base
- Stay knowledgeable in your field; seek continuing education opportunities; share new information with colleagues; keep P.T. certification current
- Inform the Fitness Manager of any equipment malfunctions or safety issues immediately
- Follow all club and fitness department policies and guidelines
- On club-provided forms, keep accurate records of (and payment receipts for) training sessions provided to submit for payroll twice a month
- Other responsibilities or projects as assigned by Fitness Manager
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Qualified candidates, with or without reasonable accommodations, must be able to:
- Write, read, speak, hear and see
- Pass required certifications
- Stand for prolonged periods
- Walk, bend, and kneel
- Lift and carry up to 100 lbs.
- Demonstrate proper usage of fitness equipment and proper performance of exercises and stretches
- “Spot” for weight lifters