Job Description Summary:
The Digital Production Manager (DPM) can handle all phases of the vfx production process, and is responsible for the show schedule. This includes partnering directly with the Producer and Supervisors, as well as interfacing with leads and artists in all departments.
The DPM will have an advanced level of experience with managing teams of artists, and a strong understanding of the Visual Effects production process.
· Manage production team tasks, including schedule, priorities, deadlines, and budgets, as needed in support of Producer
· Track, communicate, and achieve internal and client delivery targets
· Track client review correspondence and ensure timely responses
· Anticipate production bottlenecks and solve day to day resource issues
· Communicate priorities and deadlines to teams effectively and diplomatically
· Inspire positivity and professionalism among team by example
· Under direction of Producer, manage subordinate Production staff
· As needed, create and manage plans for outsourcing or working with 3rd party vendors
· 3 years minimum work experience in VFX Production or equivalent related field
· Proven scheduling experience
· Very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks efficiently while meeting deadlines.
· Proficiency with MS Office Suite (including Excel) and Google Suite (MS Project a plus)
· Proficiency with Mac and PC
· when necessary, create and manage all aspects of a plan for outsourcing or working with 3rd party vendors
· Ability to relate to, and effectively communicate with all levels of employees in a professional and appropriate manner
· Ability to adapt to changing project needs
Desired but not required:
· On set experience – preferably MoCap and Live Action