Job Description Summary:
The Production Accountant is responsible for the handling of Production Finance work on a variety of projects. Works closely with the Finance Team to provide general and specific analysis and reporting to Executive Management and Producers. Must be a “systems enthusiast,” as they will also be responsible for designing and building the templates and reports to deliver the information requested by Studio Management.
The Production Accountant will have an advanced level of Production Accounting knowledge, and a strong understanding of the Visual Effects production process.
· Works with Production to ensure Accounting system can interact with MS Project Production Scheduling tool
· Works with Studio Accountant to gather payroll and project cost actuals; and track cash flow and project spending
· Prepares bi-monthly EFC (Estimated Final Cost) reports for the Producers and Executive Management
· Prepares comparative budget scenarios, cost analyses, and other special reports as needed
· Reviews Production budgets, change orders and projections for accuracy
· Supports Executive Mgmt with facility forecasting and planning
· Tracking and integration of external vendor and IC costs and invoices
· Assist in budgeting & cost tracking of on-set work, including labor, equipment, hardware, software, rentals and materials costs for motion capture and scanning; Travel Expenses and Petty Cash
· Expert level proficiency in Excel; Experience in MS Project (Other requirements per Studio Account?)
· 5+ years professional experience, with 3 or more years experience in Production Finance / Accounting (Feature Film, VFX, or Entertainment)
· Bachelors degree and a C.P.A. or M.B.A. preferred
· Open and clear communication style
· Must be resourceful, flexible and collaborative, and able to meet strict deadlines