SIMON Markets is a fast-growing and award-winning FinTech company, on the lookout for smart, collaborative talent to join our team.
Originally founded within Goldman Sachs, SIMON Markets LLC spun-out in December 2018 under the shared ownership and direction of
seven leading financial institutions. Our team works to build transparency around complex, risk-managed financial products by way
of a single, modern platform. Our platform provides financial advisors with access to dynamic education, a multi-offering Marketplace,
and powerful analytics that hasn’t before been available. By combining state-of-the art technology with the leadership of niche industry experts and an agile start-up mentality, SIMON is well-positioned to reshape our industry. We are leading the way in a space we helped create, we are passionate about pushing boundaries, and we are growing like crazy.
No matter which part of the team you join, there is something interesting to work on. Our front-end team is building out our web and mobile presence using React, Redux, and Webpack along with some very sophisticated data visualizations. Our back-end team is using Scala, Akka, Postgres and other open-source technologies to build a micro-services architecture that can scale to handle our ambitious roadmap. Our quantitative engineering team is researching and building novel financial strategies to widen our competitive advantage. Our dev-ops team is creating a development and production environment with Docker and Kubernetes to keep us nimble.
SIMON is looking for a Senior UX/UI Product Designer with a strong interest and capability in designing highly innovative and engaging user experiences for our cutting-edge financial application. The individual must have an eye for functional design and possess technical skills to synthesize high-level concepts and ideas into concrete high-fidelity designs. The individual must be able to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently to bring simplicity and user friendliness to meet client needs and vision. We are looking for an individual who is passionate, creative, and enthusiastic, with an ability to fluidly adapt to new UX design challenges and problem solve in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
• Lead all phases of the UX & design process: user research, concept development, visual design and prototyping.
• Understand and translate user needs, business requirements, and technical capabilities into innovative product solutions.
• Define entire user experiences, and interaction concepts. Creating wireframes, user flows, site maps and high-fidelity prototypes.
• Create intuitive, elegant, user-centric designs.
• Collaborate with cross-functional team members throughout the design phase to address iterative feedback and to ensure optimal design execution.
• Work with our engineers to effectively implement the product vision.
• 5+ years of experience
• Bachelorʼs Degree in Human Computer Interactions, Communication Design, Visual Arts or related field
• Strong portfolio that demonstrates UX and visual skills in digital products
• Ability to think at a high level about product strategy
• Experience in both (mobile & desktop) web and app applications
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Proficiency in Sketch, Zeplin, Invision, Adobe Creative Suit etc
• FinTech Startup background is a PLUS
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, the chance to work with a curated team of top-notch, highly creative talent, and a fun and agile work environment with many perks in the heart of New York City’s Chelsea district.