Want to work at the forefront of a fast-growing and award winning fintech company? With an incredible team and partners looking for innovative results, we’ve doubled in size our first year and doubled the asset classes we serve in our second. As a cloud-based company, we transitioned seamlessly into a socially-distanced workforce in recent months, and with a pace that hasn’t slowed, we’re still hiring and are currently on the lookout for smart and collaborative talent to join our remotely connected team.
SIMON is looking for a Data Engineer with 1-5 years of experience. In this role you will utilize a variety of data sets to maximize SIMON’s earnings potential. The ideal candidate would be half computer hacker & half number-cruncher. This role will have the ability to directly impact the business’ “bottom line” and make a substantial contribution to a growing fintech startup.
· Analyzing user behavior to maximize adoption of the platform
· Ingesting external data sets into a computational research environment
· Measuring performance of the platform to reduce operational cost
· Experienced in at least 1 numeric research framework (python/pandas, R/Splus, Octave/Matlab)
· Some background in probability/statistics
· Familiarity with various database designs (Relational, Columnar, nosql)
· Familiarity with AWS and infrastructure-as-code (terraform or cloud formation)
· Understanding of machine learning techniques
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, the chance to work with a curated team of top-notch, highly creative talent, and a fun and agile work environment with many perks in the heart of New York City’s Chelsea district.
SIMON Markets is a fast-growing and award-winning FinTech company on the lookout for smart, collaborative talent to join our team.
Originally founded within Goldman Sachs, SIMON Markets spun-out in December 2018 under the shared ownership and direction of seven leading financial institutions. Our team works to build transparency around complex, risk-managed financial products by way of a single, modern platform. Our platform provides financial advisors with access to multi-issuer solutions, a depth of educational tools, and advanced post-trade analysis that hasn’t before been possible.
By combining state-of-the art technology with the leadership of niche industry experts and an agile start-up mentality, SIMON is well-positioned to reshape our industry. We are leading the way in a space we helped create, we are passionate about pushing boundaries, and we are growing like crazy.