FanDragon Technologies is an emerging, well-funded start-up based in West Hollywood, CA, revolutionizing the global ticketing distribution business with a proprietary, Blockchain-based software solution that allows ticket rightsholders to gain transparency over data throughout the ticket supply-chain.
We are seeking a Director of Project Management to work across many functions and teams, in the US and UK. Reporting to the Chief of Staff to the CEO, this person will help the Product and Marketing groups design, prioritize, and implement projects to scale the business. It is a key position responsible for overseeing the planning, implementation and tracking of all major company initiatives and their specified deliverables that will support the company roadmap as a whole.
The ideal candidate is an accomplished professional, with a proven track record of delivering world-class products, and a proactive, self-starter who is always looking to improve efficiency and solve problems as they are arise.
This person will ensure the delivery and management of multiple complex projects within scope, quality, time and cost constraints that may be clearly defined or may require collective re-strategizing in order to deliver business value. They have an insightful understanding of software development processes – they are experienced with technical business requirements and can translate them into functional specifications. This person should be: flexible yet assertive, comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, able to manage internal and external stakeholders, and operate/coordinate across multiple teams including Business Development, Engineering, Marketing, Product, and Finance.
Applicants are encouraged to visit FanDragon.com
- Manage projects from beginning to end by standardizing processes with the effective use of a common project management methodology that is maintained and updated (i.e. Jira, Asana, etc.)
- Collaborate with Product and Tech Leads to estimate work efforts, design project plans, define milestones and manage resources accordingly, while driving adherence and compliance with deadlines on deliverables as assigned to projects (including the maintenance of necessary documentation)
- Organize project work into manageable groups (project phases and work breakdown) and determine an effective approach for completing the work, ensuring that appropriate timing, resources, and sequencing of the work efforts are aligned to produce the desired results within the project schedule
- Provide regular reporting and visibility on project statuses to diverse sets of stakeholders across our team and business, effectively communicating project expectations in a timely and clear way (lead management reviews and project meetings; develop and manage agendas, minutes and follow up with action items)
- Provide options and back-up strategies as required to mitigate any effect to clients, ensure Senior Leadership, business stakeholders, and the broader organization are in the know regarding project statuses, risks and timelines
- Working in partnership with Business Development team, participate in strategic and positive interactions with clients as part of the overall start-to-finish management of all projects
- Identify and quickly resolve changes in scope, schedules and resource requirements; Identify and communicate risks; work with subject matter experts to develop and implement risk mitigation plans
- Identify and manage project dependencies, interdependencies with other projects and existing products, and critical path items
- Maintain accurate project and capacity plans and up-to-date project assets and metrics
- Ensure all work is represented in work management systems, sized appropriately, with proper issue type, descriptions, dependencies/relationships, acceptance criteria, story points, and with consistent standards
- Ensure changes within sprints are properly responded to in a timely manner and reflected in management syste
- Create a positive environment for the project team including open, honest communication and a clear path to escalate risks and issues
- 3+ years of proven experience managing multiple projects end-to-end in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to adhere to tight deadlines
- Strong technical background including 3+ years of experience in commonly used Project Management system (i.e. Asana)
- Demonstrated experience with large-scale, complex, cross discipline technology projects, including scope definition, schedule development and management, communications and stakeholder engagement activities
- Ability to demonstrate impact and efficacy of initiatives on the business
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills, and ability to influence, steer, and motivate people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions
- Experience at working in a team-oriented, fast-paced, environment
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and writing skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of Jira and Confluence
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) preferred
FanDragon Technologies provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.