Aspen is looking for a Sr. Manager, Systems Architecture to design and implement technologies to create a robust infrastructure and architecture in a dynamic start-up environment. This new role will assess current capabilities, evaluate technologies to meet business goals, develop roadmaps in line with company goals and lead projects and teams to deliver innovations to the business. Technology areas include IT Infrastructure, Cloud Architecture, Informatics, and Applications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, build, & support the core system architecture including network, compute, storage, integration, and cloud services.
- Design and implement cloud application frameworks built for high growth & security.
- Manage technology projects including scoping, planning, direction, and budget. Developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, technical solutions, and people as appropriate while also ensuring budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- Partner with Informatics teams to optimize genomic workflows and analytics.
- Partner with software development teams to architect products and services.
- Supervise and partner with company staff in the use, build, monitoring, and support of company infrastructure, applications, and cloud services.
- Manage contract service providers and partners to build, monitor, and support company infrastructure, applications, and cloud services.
- Research, prototype, and develop multi-year roadmaps for emerging technology in line with company growth and goals.
- Establish Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and DevOps standards for systems management and application development.
- Define, implement, and mentor engineers and partners on standard application frameworks, integration, and good design concepts.
- Document and maintain IT policies, procedures, and standards.
- Champion best practices for cybersecurity and infrastructure management within a high availability operation with valuable intellectual property.
- Supports senior management in establishing strategic plans and objectives. Executes senior management’s directives for administrative or operational matters and contributes to operations' effective achievement of objectives.
- Supports and executes development of strategies for the IT function including process improvements and technology roadmaps.
- Supports or works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company and technology.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience, in computer science, engineering or management information systems.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience working in information technology.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing IT infrastructure such as Network, Compute, Storage, and application services to include integration and APIs.
- Working experience evaluating, prototyping, architecting, and implementing new technologies and with software development and development operations including System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and DevOps preferred.
- Experience with regulated system validation preferred (i.e. 21 CFR part 11)
· Ability to effectively Project Manage SDLC Projects by proactively assessing needs, collaborating in the design of the business process, creating and executing a plan to deliver technology solutions, supporting proactively, and managing the orderly implementation of change without delays or risk to the business. (PMI certification would be helpful.)
· Demonstrated hands on knowledge and expertise in Microsoft 365 with cloud architectures such as Azure or AWS including architecture, security, FinOps, and optimization.
· Strong technical skills, ideally architect-level skills in virtualization, systems administration, scalable upgrade and migration strategies, networking, and storage. With expertise in technologies such as VMware vSphere, LAN, WAN, and Data Center. CCNA certification preferred.
· Strong understanding of the importance of data confidentiality, availability, and integrity.
· Ability to effectively collaborate with several different levels and departments within the Company and outside partners and suppliers. Requiring the ability to tailor specific communications or presentations for individual situations and negotiate or influence in support of department or company goals.
· Ability to lead, manage, and mentor technical personnel in solving complex technology computing problems.
· Must be available on-call nights and weekends to respond to support issues OR aid in new system installations or releases.
EEO and Employment Eligibility:
Aspen Neuroscience is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Total Rewards and Culture:
Aspen Neuroscience, Inc., located in scenic Torrey Pines, is noted for its collaborative and learning focused culture where each person is valued for contributing their strengths and energy to building a world-class line of products for patients in need. The company offers a competitive total compensation package, time-off in addition to Company observed holidays, Medical/Dental insurance benefits, onsite gym, and other wellness perks.
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in San Diego is $134k-$197k annually. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc. Aspen Neuroscience is multi-state employer, and this salary range may not reflect positions that work in other states.