Passage Bio is an exciting, fast-paced, rapidly growing gene therapy company headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. Our portfolio of rare monogenic CNS gene therapies is the result of an exclusive collaboration with the renowned Gene Therapy Program (GTP) at the University of Pennsylvania (Penn) that provided Passage Bio with 17 gene therapy candidates developed in the lab of gene therapy pioneer Dr. James Wilson. Passage Bio is on a mission to provide life-transforming gene therapies for patients with rare monogenic CNS diseases that replace their suffering with boundless possibility, all while building lasting relationships with the communities we serve.
Passage Bio has multiple opening position for scientist/senior scientist for AD/QC organization. The scientist will function as an expert to design and execute experiments for method optimization and method robustness studies based on in-depth knowledge of laboratory technique to ensure the method is suitable for QC operations and perform method qualifications and validation. The methods include ddPCR/qPCR, ELISA, and cell-based functional assays. The individual will provide scientific inputs on principle of new assay development process, technical transfer, development of SOPs and assay validation.
Here Is What You Will Be Doing:
• Contribute to the development and validation of methods for release of AAV gene therapy vectors. Methods are primarily, but not limited to, cell-based and molecular assays.
• Develop molecular technology based analytical methods, e.g NGS, qPCR and ddPCR for characterization of rAAV vector genome identity and purity.
• Conduct a wide range of analyses (routine and non-routine) to support bio-pharmaceutical testing while maintaining documentation standards that meet GMP requirements.
• Be proactive in solving technical problems through analyzing data and troubleshooting method issues.
• Author protocols and technical reports
• May supervise and train technical staff as need arises.
• Write, review, edit, and approval internal technical reports, quality documents and external presentations.
• Provide analytical expertise to troubleshoot issues and resolve the issues timely.
Here Is What You Will Bring To The Table:
• Typically Ph.D in Biological sciences, or Analytical Chemistry or Biochemistry and 3+ years of related experience, or BS/MS in the scientific field of study with 8+ years of relevant experience working.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team.
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship.
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
Here’s What We’ll Bring To The Table · Up to $270 for public transportation and parking · Highly competitive healthcare coverage including: medical offered (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered · Summer hours from May to September with 1pm office closure* · Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses · 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents within 6 month · 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 5% match · A suite of Passage Bio paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability · Voluntary legal assistance as well as pet, liability, critical illness, hospital indemnity and accident assistance · 20 days’ vacation and Unlimited sick time per year, and 14 company paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays in addition to a discretionary winter shut down)
Passage Bio is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Passage Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.