Passage Bio is an exciting, fast-paced, rapidly growing gene therapy company headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. Our portfolio of rare monogenic CNS gene therapies is the result of an exclusive collaboration with the renowned Gene Therapy Program (GTP) at the University of Pennsylvania (Penn) that provided Passage Bio with 17 gene therapy candidates developed in the lab of gene therapy pioneer Dr. James Wilson. Passage Bio is on a mission to provide life-transforming gene therapies for patients with rare monogenic CNS diseases that replace their suffering with boundless possibility, all while building lasting relationships with the communities we serve.
Reporting to the Head of Biology, the Director / Senior Director of Biology provides scientific support for our Gene Therapy CNS Portfolio and contributes to the strategy for target identification in close alignment with Passage Bio’s Neuroscience and rare disease objectives in collaboration with the GTP at Penn. Key responsibilities include support for target selection and validation, clinical candidate selection, and translational activities.
Here Is What You Will Be Doing:
- Contribute and support the Global Strategy for Neuroscience Biology in close collaboration with GTP-Penn towards clinical development in-line with Passage Bio’s objectives.
- Shape innovative approaches to drive the Neuroscience portfolio forward and bridge across all R&D from translational biomarker research to clinical trials.
- Partner with Passage Bio’s academic partner to optimize pipeline advancement, ensuring communication and coordination of scientific information.
- Identify and assess other potential corporate strategic partners and collaborators as appropriate.
- Lead, motivate, and inspire cross-functional teams in a matrixed environment.
- Clearly and concisely present project progress at team and leadership meetings.
Here's what You'll Bring To The Table:
- PhD with a focus on Neuroscience indications.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in Biology in pharmaceutical or biotechnology research and drug development in Neuroscience.
- A minimum of 5 years in discovery in neurodegenerative diseases.
- Track record of decision-making responsibilities in pre-clinical research.
- Prior experience working in Gene Therapy preferred.
- A history of strong collaboration and personal interaction with all levels of internal stakeholders.
- Strong history of publications and conference presentations.
- Outstanding leadership skills, comfortable, and indeed thrive in a flexible, dynamically changing and challenging environment.
- Highest level of scientific integrity.
- Expertise and consistent success in scientific research and/or clinical practice (as evidenced by appropriate higher qualifications, publication and/or relevant specialist accreditation).
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
Here’s What We’ll Bring To The Table:
• Up to $270 for public transportation and parking.
• Highly competitive healthcare coverage including medical offered (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered.
• Summer hours from May to September with 1 pm office closure*.
• Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
• 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents within 6 month.
• 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 5% match.
• A suite of Passage Bio paid insurance coverage, including life insurance, short-term and long-term disability.
• Voluntary legal assistance as well as pet, liability, critical illness, hospital indemnity, and accident assistance.
• 20 days’ vacation and Unlimited sick time per year, and 14 company paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays in addition to a discretionary winter shut down).
Passage Bio is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Passage Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law