Passage Bio is an exciting, fast-paced, rapidly growing gene therapy company headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. Our portfolio of rare monogenic CNS gene therapies is the result of an exclusive collaboration with the renowned Gene Therapy Program (GTP) at the University of Pennsylvania (Penn) that provided Passage Bio with 17 gene therapy candidates developed in the lab of gene therapy pioneer Dr. James Wilson. Passage Bio is on a mission to provide life-transforming gene therapies for patients with rare monogenic CNS diseases that replace their suffering with boundless possibility, all while building lasting relationships with the communities we serve.
The individual will be expected to support cross-functional development teams as well as conduct scientific research under supervision within a biological laboratory environment.
• Contribute to the development and validation of methods for release of AAV gene therapy vectors. Methods are primarily, but not limited to, cell-based and molecular assays, and biophysical assays.
• Conduct a wide range of analyses (routine and non-routine) to support bio-pharmaceutical testing while maintaining documentation standards that meet GMP requirements.
• Be proactive in solving technical problems through analyzing data and troubleshooting method issues.
• Author protocols and technical reports.
• Prepare and independently execute experimental work plans.
• BS/MS in analytical chemistry, biological sciences, similar field of scientific study with 3+ years of relevant pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry experience.
• Good understanding of biological analytical methodologies to develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
• Hands-on experience with a majority of the following standard analytical techniques used in the biopharmaceutical industry: qPCR or ddPCR, NGS, ELISA, UV-Vis, SDS-PAGE, IEF, HPLC, CE, and bioassay methods.
• Working knowledge of cGMPs and ICH requirements.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team.
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship.
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
· Up to $270 for public transportation and parking.
· Highly competitive healthcare coverage including: medical offered (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered.
· Summer hours from May to September with 1pm office closure*.
· Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
· 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents within 6 month.
· 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 5% match.
· A suite of Passage Bio paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability.
· Voluntary legal assistance as well as pet, liability, critical illness, hospital indemnity and accident assistance.
· 20 days’ vacation and Unlimited sick time per year, and 14 company paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays in addition to a discretionary winter shut down).