Passage Bio is an exciting, fast-paced, rapidly growing gene therapy company headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. Our portfolio of rare monogenic CNS gene therapies is the result of an exclusive collaboration with the renowned Gene Therapy Program (GTP) at the University of Pennsylvania (Penn) that provided Passage Bio with 17 gene therapy candidates developed in the lab of gene therapy pioneer Dr. James Wilson. Passage Bio is on a mission to provide life-transforming gene therapies for patients with rare monogenic CNS diseases that replace their suffering with boundless possibility, all while building lasting relationships with the communities we serve.
Passage Bio is looking for an engaged and enthusiastic Scientist with biophysical and analytical chemistry experience to join our growing Analytical Development team. Working closely with scientists in our development group, this candidate will take a lead role in designing and optimizing experiments, processing, and analyzing data, to help characterize our lead candidate materials and drive decisions. If you are comfortable in a cross-functional role, know how to excel as part of a diverse team, and are excited about working on state-of-the-art biological drug delivery methods, please keep reading!
Here Is What You Will Be Doing:
- Contribute to the development and validation of methods for the release of AAV gene therapy vectors. Methods are primarily physical chemistry analytical techniques including HPLC, light scattering, AUC, and Mass Spectrometry.
- Conduct a wide range of analyses (routine and non-routine) to support bio-pharmaceutical testing while maintaining documentation standards that meet GMP requirements.
- Be proactive in solving technical problems through analyzing data, troubleshooting method issues, and capillary
- Prepare, evaluate and present data.
- Author protocols and technical reports.
- Prepare and independently execute experimental work plans.
- May supervise and train technical staff as the need arises.
Here Is What You Will Bring To The Table:
- Ph.D. in Biological Sciences, or Analytical Chemistry or Biochemistry and 3+ years of related experience, or BS/MS in the scientific field of study with 8+ years of relevant experience working.
- Direct industry experience developing biochemical and biophysical AAV characterization methods preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
Here’s What We’ll Bring To The Table:
- Up to $270 for public transportation and parking.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage including medical offered (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered.
- Summer hours from May to September with 1 pm office closure*.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents within 6 month.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 5% match.
- A suite of Passage Bio paid insurance coverage, including life insurance, short-term and long-term disability.
- Voluntary legal assistance as well as pet, liability, critical illness, hospital indemnity, and accident assistance.
- 20 days’ vacation and Unlimited sick time per year, and 14 company paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays in addition to a discretionary winter shut down).
Passage Bio is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Passage Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.