SUMMARY: Founded in 1973, the Ohio Children’s Alliance is a non-profit statewide trade association located in Columbus, Ohio. The Alliance provides a challenging and rewarding work environment that fosters teamwork and inspires professional excellence. The Alliance offers professional services to community foster care and mental health agencies, such as trainings, conferences, and business consultation; it lobbies government agencies on matters that impact children, families, and the community agencies that serve them; and is leading a pediatric health care provider network.
The position is part-time and works remotely with regular monthly travel required. The ideal candidate will act as a representative of Ohio’s statewide extended foster care program, Bridges, providing marketing and outreach services to Northern Ohio (Northeast and Northwest counties).
QUALIFICATIONS: In order to adequately fulfill this position an individual must have:
- A minimum of two years of experience working with or for older foster youth.
- Public speaking, engagement and presentation skills and experience required.
- Willingness and ability to travel ~500 miles per month
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365 products (Outlook, Word and Excel); ability to quickly gain proficiency using other software and web-based services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Access to a computer and phone.
- Highly organized, motivated and efficient; ability to manage multiple work assignments and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Possess an Associate’s Degree; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
DUTIES: Under direct supervision of the Bridges Program Administrator, this employee will:
- Ø Host presentations and speaking engagements at local events within their assigned Regional coverage area.
- Ø Create and enhance awareness of the Bridges program to both youth and community stakeholders to include:
§ Secondary and Post-secondary institutions
§ Workforce development entities, including each Department of Job and Family Services department within the region
§ Public Children Service Agencies
§ Juvenile and adult probation
§ Physical health, mental health and behavioral service providers within the region.
§ Organizations, companies and individuals to ensure a menu of safe and stable housing options adequate to meet Participants’ needs.
- Ø Will help to create a wider network of vendors especially in areas with sparse resources
- Ø Augment the efforts of the Bridges Regional Coordinators when needed by:
§ Working with Regional Coordinators and provider agencies to ensure youth are linked to services
§ Meeting and educating youth in custody of a PCSA at least 90 days prior to emancipation
- Ø Attend mandatory trainings, meetings, conferences and other venues as needed.
- Ø Send pre-developed marketing/awareness materials.
COMPENSATION: $35.00 - $40.00 per
hour. Negotiable and commensurate with
experience. 16-20 hours per week
expected. No additional benefits