HyperLight is developing ultrahigh performance and cost-effective integrated electro-optic solutions that will revolutionize optical communication, metrology and emerging technologies like quantum photonics and LIDAR. As a venture capital funded company spun-out of Harvard University, HyperLight is redefining what integrated photonics technologies can offer today.
At HyperLight, you will become part of a highly innovative, open-minded, and driven team composed of leading experts in the areas of material science, nanofabrication, photonic design, device physics, and various applications of integrated photonics. We like to think outside the box and tackle some of the most challenging, yet deeply rewarding, problems of integrated photonics.
If you are interested in pushing the limits of integrated photonics devices and revolutionizing their applications through bringing innovative products to market, we are looking for you to join HyperLight’s growing team as an Electro-Optic Technician. We are seeking highly motivated individuals who enjoy problem solving and will thrive in a collaborative environment.
At HyperLight, your core responsibilities will be:
- Perform optical, electrical, RF and electro-optical measurements on wafer-scale test tools as well as on individual devices and modules.
- Execute product reliability and qualification measurements (including environmental and lifetime testing) and monitor device performance using measurement data and statistical tools.
- Support chip packaging for low-volume prototyping, including optical fiber array attach and wire bonding.
- General lab operation and maintenance
- Respond diligently to measurement requests, respect deadlines, and ensure the timely acquisition of high-quality measurement data.
- Streamline, optimize and where possible automate data acquisition, storage, and analysis.
- Evaluate and update results, methods and procedures and update technical documentation.
- Closely collaborate with process development and product teams and align efforts to optimize time-to-market and overall company priorities.
Why join HyperLight:
· We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including:
o Flexible and attractive work and vacation policies
o Comprehensive Health Coverage: Family and individual plans, vision, dental
o 401(k) Retirement plans with employee matching
o Life and disability insurance
o Commuter Benefits and Subsidy
· Be part of a welcoming, knowledgeable, and motivated team.
· Enjoy great professional growth opportunities in a diverse, inclusive, fast-paced, and exciting work environment.
· We provide ample mentorship for career development.
· Work at desirable Boston/Cambridge location with hybrid work options.
- Technical education or training (Associates Level or equivalent training)
- Hands-on experience working in labs, commercial prototyping, or production environments.
- Good technical understanding and ability to perform optical, RF or electro-optic measurements.
- Attention to details and diligent note taking
- Strong written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and participate in cross-functional activities.
- Authorization to work in the US.