HyperLight is looking for an Electro-optical Metrology Engineer to work with us to revolutionize integrated photonic technologies through fundamental hardware innovation. As a venture capital funded startup company spun-out from Harvard University, HyperLight is redefining what is possible in modern optical telecommunication, sensing, and quantum technologies that are demanding more than what integrated photonics technology can offer today.
At HyperLight, you will become part of a highly motivated, welcoming and open-minded team composed of leading experts in the areas of material science, nanofabrication, and various applications of integrated photonics. We like to think outside the box, and we tackle some of the most challenging yet deeply rewarding problems of integrated photonics.
If you are passionate about turning the best performing integrated electro-optic devices into a reliable product, we are looking for you to join HyperLight’s growing team. We offer competitive salaries and benefits.
At HyperLight, your core responsibilities include:
• Characterizing integrated photonics chips and validating optical, electrical and electro-optical performances.
• Conducting and interpreting reliability testing of photonic chips.
• Monitoring production yield and device quality.
• Working closely with design and manufacturing teams to improve the products functionality and reliability.
• Developing insight into volume metrology, quality control and assurance protocols.
• Work with most innovate talents in a fast-growing environment.
• Work with world’s fastest and power efficient electro-optic technology (https://bwnews.pr/3kPNDWu).
• Turn leading research grade device into commercial grade products.
• Working with industry leading supplier and major customers to solve impactful problems.
This role requires:
• Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering, Nanotechnology, Applied Physics or related field.
• Understanding of integrated photonics and/or electro-optic modulators.
• Experience in performing fiber optic or high-speed electro-optic measurements.
• Details-oriented, methodical and reliable with a strong sense of responsibility.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team with strong communication skills.
• Authorization to work in the US.