We are looking for a Quantitative Developer to work closely with our research and engineering teams. This is a multidisciplinary role that will give you exposure to both the research and technology systems of a quantitative trading firm. This role offers a unique opportunity to design and build a range of data-research platforms from the ground up, and to bridge the gap between Lonk’s research infrastructure and production trading technology. The ideal candidate is innately curious, hands-on, a self-starter, has a very strong technical and academic background, and is eager to take on new challenges in an emerging industry.
- Architect new and iterate on existing infrastructure and systems that ingest, store, transform, and serve data while continuously improving the scalability, reliability, and observability of these systems.
- Gather requirements from the research and technology teams and develop specifications for research and data processing tools, pipelines, and services.
- Implement new data tools from scratch, learning and utilizing whichever technologies are necessary.
- Optimize the storage and processing of petabytes of data; design metrics to measure the performance, cost, usage, and efficiency of all data systems and use these metrics to inform strategic improvements to the overall system.
- Participate in the development of production strategy systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, finance, economics, or mathematics from a top-tier institution.
- 5+ years in research technology and/or data engineering in a professional setting with some experience at a quantitative trading firm strongly preferred.
- Expert level knowledge of Python; proficiency in C++; experience with cluster-computing and automation tools, data-pipeline and data warehouse, cloud technologies, scheduling/orchestration tools, visualization tools.
- Savvy with data science stack and a basic understanding of statistical analysis techniques.
- Effective communicator with strong written and verbal skills in English and in a second language that would be useful in Asian markets (e.g., Mandarin), and able to discuss highly technical concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Open minded and collaborative, especially in approaching design decisions.
- Resourceful with excellent judgment and strong attention to detail; able to manage multiple tasks and troubleshoot problems independently.
- Passion for emerging businesses & technologies.
- Knowledge of the cryptocurrency domain a plus.