We are seeking an exceptionally talented leader to build and manage trading operations and related activity in our APAC office while
working closely with a strong US-based team with an outstanding track record. This is a hybrid role offering a unique
opportunity to work in both business and technology; you will have exposure to
a complex trading system, and you will be responsible for keeping tabs on
trading activity and building business relationships with counterparties
worldwide. The ideal candidate has
very solid programming capabilities, exceptional business acumen, and is very
familiar with the financial markets.
- Monitor our trading activity and related technical infrastructure to identify, prevent, and respond to potential issues.
- Triage outages and problems with trade flow, working with internal and external technical personnel to resolve incidents.
- Write tools to allow for quick and efficient manual intervention in trading.
- Proactively monitor for market/exchange technology changes.
- Manage and maintain relationships with exchanges and other key market participants.
- Research and analyze new markets and products to help drive international expansion.
- Lead a small team of analysts in the APAC region.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or financial discipline from a top-tier institution.
- 5+ years of professional experience with a track record of success in a related field (e.g., at a bank, exchange, or quantitative trading firm).
- Experience with UNIX/Linux, shell scripting, scheduling/automation, and databases.
- Curious, self-motivated, and resourceful with excellent judgment and strong attention to detail.
- Passion for emerging businesses & technologies.
- Effective communicator with strong written and verbal skills in English and in a second language that would be useful when dealing with counterparties in various Asian markets (e.g., Mandarin).
- Authorized to work in Hong Kong.
- Knowledge of the cryptocurrency domain and established industry contacts strongly preferred.