Launched in 2014, ImpactTulsa serves as a collective impact backbone entity that aligns partners and resources to improve educational outcomes for students in the Tulsa area. The partnership includes leaders from education, business, philanthropy, nonprofit, civic and faith communities with a vision that all students are guaranteed a high-quality education. ImpactTulsa is a member of the StriveTogether national network. Its 21 school district partners represent over 170,000 students in the Tulsa region. Working with its education, business and nonprofit partners, ImpactTulsa compiles data and measures academic success to identify and share best practices from the region and across the United States that help students reach their full potential. To accomplish this, we recognize the value of having a staff that brings a wide range of perspectives to this work based on language, ethnicity, race, gender, socio-economic background, political beliefs, sexual orientation, etc. We are committed to maintaining a diverse, multicultural working environment and particularly encourage applications from candidates with lived experience in the communities in which we work.
To learn more about ImpactTulsa, visit www.impacttulsa.org.
Duties and Responsibilities
🌟 Be at the Forefront of Using Data to Drive Equity in Tulsa County🌟
Are you passionate about harnessing the power of data for systemic enhancement and fostering economic mobility for young individuals? At ImpactTulsa®, we're searching for a visionary Director of Research and Analytics who's ready to pioneer meaningful change. Working under the guidance of the Head of Research and Data Strategy, you'll be instrumental in bolstering data management, governance, and pivotal research endeavors. Your expertise will be pivotal in crafting research frameworks and enhancing data capabilities. Let's work together in utilizing data-driven insights to galvanize community collaboration, influence policy shifts, and ensure a brighter, equitable future for our youth. Join us in making a lasting imprint on the systems that shape Tulsa County's next generations. 🚀
WHEN: Fall 2023
WHERE: Tulsa, OK (We are a hybrid team: Tuesdays are required in office and for internal meetings)
Salary: $80,000-$90,000 depending on experience
This position is responsible for the following key roles within the partnership.
- Develop tools and processes for driving & measuring impact including the development of a research agenda that supports collaborative action and network-wide strategies, identifying research needs and insights to guide decision making and policy change.
- Drive the development of a robust scorecard, dashboard, & outcomes framework for the purposes of monitoring accountability, measurement, and improving core community-wide outcomes.
- Create and negotiate data-sharing agreements and manage relationships with network members and partners, to ensure responsible data stewardship.
- Oversee the management of complex data sets, advanced analytical methodologies, processes for matching and querying data, conducting high-level analysis and preparing results & for a variety of audiences.
- Proficiently use statistical programming software such as STATA, Python, SPSS, R, SAS (STATA preferred) to create statistical, regression, and econometric models.
- Guide research and data analysis strategies for using disaggregated data for addressing systemic inequities and opportunity gaps.
- Demonstrate effective communication and presentation of disaggregated outcomes for avoiding deficit-based framing for populations facing persistent disparity.
- Lead, attend, and/or present at leadership, research and policy meetings as necessary and provide information on targeted research supporting ImpactTulsa®’s priorities and initiatives through presentations and written reports.
- Conduct and oversee the analysis and interpretation of quantitative, qualitative, survey methodologies, and other mixed-method approaches using appropriate statistical methods and data manipulation tools.
- Identify new research grant opportunities, contribute to grant writing including tracking and communicating our impact in grant reports.
- Provide relevant research-related reports to ImpactTulsa® and school district leadership, collaborative action networks, and key community stakeholders for real-time decision-making, action planning, continuous improvement and policy change.
- Develop and oversee data management & governance frameworks by overseeing data quality assurance processes and establish data use governance, policies, and implement safeguards for data security and privacy.
The ideal candidate is highly collaborative and has strong research strategy and partnership capabilities to connect partners. They have the ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment managing multiple priorities. The candidate embraces ImpactTulsa®’s value of diversity, equity, and inclusion by working with and supporting diverse people and groups of different identities including: racial, ethnic, nationality, sexual orientation, gender, disability, religion, and socioeconomic status. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
Desired Administrative Skills:
- Experience managing research, data strategy, and analysis activities for education initiatives.
- Strong project management as well as time and task management skills, enabling multiple and large-scale projects to be completed on time
- Exceptional and creative problem-solving, critical thinking, and strategic planning skills
- Ability to translate and structure complex information for effective decision making and tracking progress towards goals
- Ability to communicate results of complex analytic findings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Executive presence to inspire confidence and passion among diverse internal and external audiences.
- Excellent attention to detail and timelines
- Advanced Degree in Public Policy, Public Administration, Education, Economics, Statistics, Data Science, Political Science, or related field.
- Familiarity with the Tulsa area.
- Strong knowledge of Higher Ed/ Workforce or K- 12 education landscape and research desired.
- Experience with collective impact efforts in education or related areas.
Education and Requirements:
- Master’s degree with two or more years of relevant work experience in similar research, university, non-profit, or education organizations.
- Some travel required, occasional overnight travel.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to provide individual transport to inter-state locations.
BENEFITS: Paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401K
EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws or regulations. We are an e-verify employer.