The successful applicant will join our growing Customer Service and Quality Engineering (CSQE) team to facilitate all aspects of an elevated customer experience with 908 Devices Inc. Our CSQE team is, for many of our customers, THE company. They look to us for rapid assistance with difficulties, information to make their jobs easier, and efficiency and tight communication when follow-up is required. Our team is regarded by our customers as a model for the industry, and we are committed to never letting them down.
This position will support our forensic handheld mass spec devices business for both internal and external customers. Our customers for these devices are wide-ranging, from local first-responders to federal agencies, domestic and international. They are working daily to ensure the safety of the public when called upon to identify and handle unknown materials of concern such as drugs or explosives.
- Review customer hand held mass spec data to provide preliminary analysis and further guidance
- Respond by phone/email/chat to client inquiries related to difficulties, questions or data review
- Provide verbal and written reports for data analyzed in a timely manner
- Observe and document trends in data analysis and report findings
- Partner with other team members to develop and improve processes for service and logistics
- Work with our Field Forensic Applications team to enhance overall customer experience
- Collaborate with the larger forensic science community through conferences, and customer interactions
Preferred Skills / Experience:
- Exposure to chemical instrumentation, and the interpretation of said data. Examples include mass spectrometry, Raman, FTIR, and NMR.
- Knowledge of the chemistry of drugs, explosives, pesticides, industrial toxins
- Concise communication of scientific information in both oral and written formats to technical and non technical audience.
- The ability to engage with customers from a variety of backgrounds and experiences
- Understanding of the importance of standard operating procedures (SOPs) as It pertains to forensic science
- Previous hands-on time with portable analytical systems
- Hazmat, CBRNE or forensics familiarity or direct experience
- Experience in some customer service area (retail, restaurant)
- Master's Degree in Chemistry, Forensic Science or similar concentrations or
- Bachelor's Degree In Chemistry, Forensic Science or similar concentrations with 2 years of experience in a laboratory setting.
Physical Demands & Equipment Requirements:
- General office environment
- Possibility for partially remote work
- 10% travel