908 Devices Inc. has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spec devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of mass spec available in significantly smaller and more accessible devices than conventional laboratory instruments. Our devices are used at the point of need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics, and adjacent markets. We are reimagining where mass spec technology can be used if it is sufficiently small in size, low in cost, and simple to operate.
908 Devices is headquartered in Boston, MA, near the Seaport and has a satellite office in North Carolina and a growing population of remote staff worldwide.
908 Devices is an ISO 9001 compliant company that is progressive in its use of real-time, high observability quality systems, and the use of modern statistical quality monitoring and control approaches to drive continuous improvement throughout the organization. Reporting to the CEO, you will drive change, help solve problems and lead the continued use and expansion of our quality systems and processes. You will leverage modern quality approaches to help the company grow with a systemic focus on continuous improvement.
- You will own all aspects of our quality systems, their operations, their audit, and their integration – working closely with engineering, manufacturing, and our CTO.
- You will use your multi-disciplinary “hands on” engineering skills to partner with senior functional leadership and champion the continuous improvement of processes; from product and engineering, through to customer facing experiences.
- You’ll be the overall leader of Quality Communication within the company, helping groups to define, measure, and report meaningful descriptive and predictive indicators, and dashboards as well as clear plans to improve.
- You will work on all things quality related, to facilitate teams, better processes, close loops, drive action and be a beacon for urgency and action.
- You will work closely with reliability engineers and the New Product Introduction (NPI) team to ensure products meet customer expectations.
- Over time, you will develop and manage a group of tech and engineering reports.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience working as part of, or leading a modern quality organization, or as an integrated quality resource within a larger organization following continuous improvement methodologies (e.g. Kaizen, Deming).
- Strong understanding of new product development and experience in the use of statistical quality control, and statistical process control methodologies.
- Understanding of production line to monitor and maintain quality standards, product quality, and design control risks.
- Experience with one or more common analysis packages such as Minitab, JMP, or numerically oriented analysis environments like R, or Matlab, for the analysis of production and quality data, including forecasting.
- Keen ability to interrogate data with sound statistical methods to drive discovery, action, and evaluate efficacy.
- Experience planning for and participating in ISO Audits (internal and external), and resolving ISO-related inquiries.
- Excellent communication skills across a diverse range of collaborators – production, engineering, service/support, senior leaders and executives.
- Action oriented individual that inspires others
- B.A. or B.Sc. (M.S. preferred) in an analytically oriented field is preferred (engineering or science in general, although other backgrounds with analytical focus would be of interest).