908 Devices Inc. has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spectrometry, or Mass Spec, devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of Mass Spec available in devices that are significantly smaller and more accessible than conventional laboratory instruments. Our Mass Spec devices are used at the point-of-need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics, and adjacent markets.
908 Devices Inc. is headquartered on the Boston waterfront in the Innovation District, with other facilities in the Bay Area and Chapel Hill in North Carolina.
We are looking for a Senior Reliability Engineer to join our Production/NPI team. The successful candidate will have responsibility for assuring the reliability of our Mass Spec devices. The ideal candidate will be data-driven, detail oriented and have previous experience in development and production of complex analytical instruments.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyze the system design and identify areas that pose risks associated with reliability
• Design tests and experiments at the system or sub-system level tests for quantifying reliability
• Design experiments for driving improvements in reliability
• Prepare, manage, and execute test plans for establishing reliability
• Develop and implement production testing to screen for reliability when applicable (HASS)
• Champion initiatives to improve reliability by-design and by-production.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• 5+ years of related experience in Reliability Engineering in Scientific Instrumentation industry or similar
• Experience in development and early production of complex products
• Strong understanding of the statistical techniques used in reliability
• Track record in designing reliability tests.
• Experience in HALT/HASS testing
• Strong understanding of mechanical, and/or electromechanical design
• Experience with microfluidics & motion control systems
• Strong written and verbal communication and the ability to facilitate and manage multiple projects
• Excellent attention to detail, highly conscientious and diligent.
• Able to communicate ideas and information clearly and effectively
• Able to act independently
• Strong aptitude for statistics and data analysis using computing platforms such as Matlab or Python.
• Good interpersonal skills, ability to facilitate across diverse groups within company
M.S., PhD in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related scientific discipline preferred