908 Devices Inc. has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spectrometry, or Mass Spec, devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of Mass Spec available in devices that are significantly smaller and more accessible than conventional laboratory instruments. Our Mass Spec devices are used at the point-of-need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics, and adjacent markets.
908 Devices is headquartered in Boston, MA, near the Seaport and has a satellite office in North Carolina and a growing population of remote staff worldwide.
This is an international remote position that will be based in France, Germany or the UK.
908 Devices is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to manage and drive the sales strategy for European accounts. Reporting to the Director of International Sales, the Business Development Manager will develop and execute strategies for building and maintaining business opportunities within Europe. An entrepreneurial attitude is needed to manage, coordinate, and communicate strategic pursuit initiatives to government sales leadership and cross-functional teams to meet complex customer requirements. The Business Development Manager will be responsible to grow and manage long-term collaborative relationships within strategic European accounts. The Business Development Manager will be part of a collaborative team responsible for overall international sales and revenue targets and goals.
Key initiatives will include identifying and developing new business opportunities for HPMS (High-Pressure Mass Spectrometry) related technology platforms. Must be able to initiate and execute upon large development opportunities (LDOs), as aligned within government team strategies and goals. Performance will be measured by revenue generation, building client relationships, and sourcing new business opportunities. We offer a very dynamic, entrepreneurial work environment and the chance to be a part of a growing company innovating with life critical technologies across key vertical government markets.
Key Skills & Responsibilities:
· Target key account customers to present value propositions of HPMS technology. Capable of understanding and developing equipment requirements for complex detection systems.
· Capable of articulating system value to the end user, and operational components, and senior leadership level decision makers.
· Build and maintain high level relationships with senior end user leadership to discuss and review their requirement needs and capability gap issues. Present best practice solutions and convey the value proposition and program integration of HPMS technology.
· Conduct regular business reviews with key LDO stakeholders to ensure the best possible end user satisfaction and continued technology adoption.
· Support, drive and seek ways to improve channel partner activities to provide easier, more efficient ways European customers to procure 908 Devices products and services.
· Work with the US Government agencies and their various funding mechanism to fund HPMS within the region.
· Be part of the larger team to provide input and feedback regarding new product innovation (NPI) to meet the demands and needs of complex end user detection solutions.
· Responsible for training end user and distributors/reps on HPMS.
· 5+ years of Sales expertise in Europe
· 3+ years key account or business development
· 3+ years CBRN, EOD, and/or drugs detection expertise
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
· Basic understanding of chemistry associated with chemical detection technology.
· Excellent sales, presentation, negotiation, and overall communication skills essential.
· Demonstrated ability to create a vision and drive change, as well as an ability to work within larger organizational objectives.
· Ability to travel (60 %+) essential.
· Ability to take on an informal leadership role and influence others without direct authority.
· Computer literacy in MS Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
· CRM experience (preferably SFDC).