908 Devices Inc. has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spectrometry, or Mass Spec, devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of Mass Spec available in devices that are significantly smaller and more accessible than conventional laboratory instruments. Our Mass Spec devices are used at the point-of-need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics and adjacent markets.
908 Devices is headquartered in Boston, MA, near the Seaport and has a satellite office in North Carolina and a growing population of remote staff worldwide.
This is an international/remote position ideally based in Singapore.
The successful applicant will represent 908 Device’s Field Forensic Applications team in the Asia Pacific Region. Their expertise will be vital to supporting, advising, and developing customer applications across a diverse mission set. They will be the customer-facing representative for the research and development team, a scientific advisor for the sales team, and traveling in support of training and service, and serve as an advocate from the field for the customer experience and product management team.
- Interface with customer and potential customer agencies in support of existing field applications
- Assist customers in developing new protocols and applications for the MX908 product line, as well as advising on best practices and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Develop and field test new applications for the MX908 product line in support of customer needs and opportunities
- Create and deliver training, workshops, and webinar content (virtually and in person)
- Review data provided by customers as a subject-matter expert to provide reachback analysis
- Provide scientific support and assistance for distributors and sales representatives in their region
- Travel to support customer training and applications as a subject matter expert
- Support device services and initial installation as necessary within area of responsibility
Preferred Skills / Experience:
- Knowledge of chemical analysis instrumentation, and interpretation of data (manual or computer-aided). Examples include mass spectrometry (MS), Ion Mobility Spectrometry (IMS), Raman, and FTIR.
- Knowledge of the chemistry of controlled substances, pharmaceuticals, or relevant application
- Knowledge, experience, and training in Emergency Response, Hazardous Material, Law Enforcement, or CBRNe (Chemical, Biological, Nuclear, Radioactive, and Explosive) field operations
- Concise communication of technical information in both oral and written formats
- Ability to engage with customers with varied backgrounds and technical training in a professional but relaxed manner
- Proficiency in English and Chinese (Mandarin), or other language relevant to area of responsibility
- Exposure to portable analytical systems
- Mass Spectrometry (MS) Method development
- Experience in or supporting law enforcement and law enforcement operations, or controlled substance-oriented public health applications
- Demonstrated ability to provide Customer Support and Service
Bachelor’s or higher degree in Chemistry, Forensic Sciences, or equivalent experience.
Physical Demands & Equipment Requirements:
- Mixed travel (40%), office, and remote support
- Ability to work in a field environment in support of customer applications