908 Devices Inc. has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spectrometry, or Mass Spec, devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of Mass Spec available in devices that are significantly smaller and more accessible than conventional laboratory instruments. Our Mass Spec devices are used at the point-of-need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics and adjacent markets.
908 Devices is headquartered in Boston, MA, near the Seaport and has a satellite office in North Carolina and a growing population of remote staff worldwide.
The Field Application Scientist (FAS) will work closely with our existing customers and prospects in the field to make them successful using our ZipChip family of products for CE-ESI MS biopharma applications. The FAS provides deep technical support, in a client facing capacity, ensuring product success and customer satisfaction. You are a relationship manager, trainer, ZipChip Ambassador, product savant and dedicated partner to Sales team.
- Technical expertise in our field, providing high level of support to existing and future 908 Customers.
- Scientifically curious, with proven experience guiding customers to success.
- Proven experience working hand-in-hand, with customers, evaluating their samples and conducting a variety of biotherapeutic, peptide, and small molecule experiments.
- The ability to establish strong relationships with customers through sound scientific expertise, technical training, and guidance.
- Demonstrated sense of urgency, positively managing clients with a proactive approach and commitment to the sales process, start to finish.
- Present ZipChip technical contributions at scientific meetings, seminars, or customer facing events.
- Experience partnering and communicating with internal teams such as product management, marketing, & customer service.
- Experience and expertise working closely with service teams providing unparalleled customer service and support.
- Strong team player. Demonstrated commitment to the 908 Devices Sales team/Process and department goals and initiatives outside of the day-to-day activities.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong technical knowledge of Life Sciences analytical characterization, including LC, CE, and MS application areas, especially in the field of biotherapeutics characterization.
- Minimum 2+ years hands-on experience with routine analytical characterization in CE, LC and/or MS application areas.
- Proficiency in MS data processing software tools (e.g., XCalibur, Analyst, Biopharma Finder, and other MS vendor-specific acquisition and data analysis software) highly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently and comfortably with a “never let a ball drop” mentality.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical or biological sciences is required.
- The position will be field based on the West Coast, USA. Remote based with up to 60% travel.
- 908 Devices is headquartered in Boston, MA.
- Position will report to the Sr. Manager, Global Field Applications.