908 Devices Inc. has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spectrometry, or Mass Spec, devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of Mass Spec available in devices that are significantly smaller and more accessible than conventional laboratory instruments. Our Mass Spec devices are used at the point-of-need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics, and adjacent markets.
908 Devices is headquartered in Boston, MA, near the Seaport and has a satellite office in North Carolina and a growing population of remote staff worldwide.
We are looking for a Field Service Engineer (West Coast, USA) to support our growing Commercial business, in particular, the REBEL analyzer for cell culture and bioprocess analysis. The successful candidate will provide on-site and remote customer assistance, including product installation, training, and email/phone/augmented reality support. With the rest of the Customer Service and Quality Engineering (CSQE) team, you will ensure that each customer receives premier support along their journey with our products. You will regularly interact with internal teams to provide feedback on customer experiences and opportunities for the future development of the REBEL platform.
- Perform product installations, training, and service at customer sites
- Provide post-sales customer support including troubleshooting and maintenance via email, phone, and augmented reality interactions
- Work with other service and technical staff to develop technical assistance and training documentation
- Communicate with the Field Applications and Sales teams to ensure that the service objectives for each customer are defined and met
- Interface with Product Development teams to relay customer experiences and on-the-ground intel
Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent technical communication and interpersonal skills, and a professional demeanor
- Excellent laboratory sample handling skills, including pipetting
- Prior experience installing, maintaining, or operating multifunction analytical analyzers, mass spectrometer, CE and/or LC systems, or analytical instruments of similar complexity
- Experience with biologically oriented systems would be advantageous (proteins, peptides, cell culture media)
- Excellent electronic tool/communication awareness for SaaS products, MS Office, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently and comfortably with a “never let a ball drop” mentality.
- B.S. in Chemistry, Biology, or a related field
- 2+ years in a service-oriented role would be advantageous
- Physical Demands & Equipment Requirements: Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- The position will be field based on the West Coast, USA. Remote based with up to 60% travel.
- 908 Devices is headquartered in Boston, MA.
- Position will report to the Manager, Life Sciences Customer Experience