908 Devices Inc. has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spec devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of mass spec available in significantly smaller and more accessible devices than conventional laboratory instruments. Our devices are used at the point of need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics, and adjacent markets. We are reimagining where mass spec technology can be used if it is sufficiently small in size, low in cost, and simple to operate.
908 Devices is headquartered in Boston, MA, near the Seaport and has a satellite office in North Carolina and a growing population of remote staff worldwide.
A small team of talented software engineers is looking for experienced team members to join our industry leading, fast paced and rapidly growing company in developing cutting edge solutions that drive incredible state of the art chemical and biochemical analysis products. As a member of the team, you will be challenged with creating innovative hardware and software products that drive both company growth and customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate is organized, focused, and motivated by their unquenchable desire to make things better by driving quality and reliability into every facet of the organization
Objectives of the Role:
As a member of the 908 Devices software team, you will:
- Capture and define requirements for new products and features and participate in their implementation by collaborating with your peers from across the organization.
- Contribute to the ongoing maintenance of our suite of best-in-class diagnostic and analytical products.
- Support our drive to improve our quality and reliability by enhancing our standards and best practices.
- Define and review quality metrics and feed results back into process improvements that make us better
Skills and Qualifications:
- A dedicated, details-oriented professional with a strong sense of ownership and a focus on driving tasks to completion
- A skilled software engineer with strong experience with C++ development on Windows or Linux
- A good grasp of professional development concepts like best practice coding standards, source control, automated build environments and project management/bug tracking software
- A working knowledge of processes and techniques that drive software quality throughout the full product development lifecycle, like code review, unit tests, functional tests and test automation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- US citizen or permanent resident
- Strong grasp of Object-Oriented programming concepts and their proper use
- Experience with Qt and QML is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile environment is preferred
- Solid understanding of the development of software both on embedded devices and in desktop simulation is desirable
- Familiarity with building mobile, Bluetooth-enabled applications on Android and iOS would be a very good thing
Education and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of relevant experience