908 Devices Inc. has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spectrometry, or Mass Spec, devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of Mass Spec available in devices that are significantly smaller and more accessible than conventional laboratory instruments. Our Mass Spec devices are used at the point-of-need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics, and adjacent markets.
We are proud to be a company changing the status quo in our industry by working with innovative people who are curious and creative problem solvers, risk-takers, and dedicated colleagues. Our environment is filled with intelligent, caring, and collaborative people with a variety of opportunities for everyone involved.
Join Us in our journey as we reimagine the future of Mass Spec. We are driven by our passion for making an impact and our desire to do meaningful work that is saving lives. We are looking for talented people of all abilities to join us at 908 Devices. Imagine where you could make a difference
908 Devices is headquartered in Boston, MA, near the Seaport and has a satellite office in North Carolina and a growing population of remote staff worldwide.
The Application Development team is seeking a motivated co-op with focus on Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Analytical Chemistry to join the team to learn and be mentored while assisting with a variety of intriguing tasks, including, but not limited to:
- Learning to operate microfluidic CE/MS instrument using variety of informatics platforms. Participate in phases of test and evaluation where your feedback as a scientist is essential.
- Using our microfluidic platforms to explore new applications in the life science space, for example, biopharma, cell & gene therapy, as well as small molecule pharmaceuticals.
- Working cross functionally with other 908 Teams, including, Engineering, Operations, HR, Sales and Marketing.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Coursework in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology highly desirable.
- Previous hands-on experience in a lab environment such as wet chemistry lab or with a commercial benchtop mass spectrometer (LC/MS, MS, GC/MS) highly desirable.
- Detail oriented and naturally curious, and yet self-driven, as well as being able to work independently.
- Experience with chemical and instrumental analysis is a plus.
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills highly desirable.
- Previous co-op or internship experience preferred.