908 Devices Inc. has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spectrometry, or Mass Spec, devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of Mass Spec available in devices that are significantly smaller and more accessible than conventional laboratory instruments. Our Mass Spec devices are used at the point-of-need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics, and adjacent markets.
We are proud to be a company changing the status quo in our industry by working with innovative people who are curious and creative problem solvers, risk-takers, and dedicated colleagues. Our environment is filled with intelligent, caring, and collaborative people with a variety of opportunities for everyone involved.
Join Us in our journey as we reimagine the future of Mass Spec. We are driven by our passion for making an impact and our desire to do meaningful work that is saving lives. We are looking for talented people of all abilities to join us at 908 Devices. Imagine where you could make a difference
908 Devices is headquartered in Boston, MA, near the Seaport and has a satellite office in North Carolina and a growing population of remote staff worldwide.
The science team is seeking a motivated co-op focused in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Chemical Engineering to assist with a variety of intriguing tasks:
- Learn to operate point-of-need mass spec devices with custom R&D and embedded software platforms. Participate in phases of test and evaluation where your feedback as a scientist is essential.
- Help us explore new applications in forensics, drugs-of-abuse, and explosives testing. Learn how these field instruments are used in the real-world by the nation's best.
- Use our microfluidic platforms to solve problems in the biopharma and bioprocessing space.
- Experience the process of creating, characterizing, and commercializing new technologies.
- Coursework in in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Bioengineering.
- Students who have been in a lab environment during a previous co-op or better yet, worked in a wet chemistry lab or with a commercial benchtop mass spectrometer (LC/MS, MS, GC/MS).
- In a fast-moving setting, we need the co-op to be comfortable working on their own immediately without the need for training on basic lab skills.
- Our more specialized training is best with a solid analytical chemistry foundation.