908 Devices Inc. has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spectrometry, or Mass Spec, devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of Mass Spec available in devices that are significantly smaller and more accessible than conventional laboratory instruments. Our Mass Spec devices are used at the point-of-need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics, and adjacent markets.
908 Devices is headquartered in Boston, MA, near the Seaport and has a satellite office in North Carolina and a growing population of remote staff worldwide.
908 Devices is looking for a Federal Government Sales Representative to drive sales activities across various Federal Government and DOD sales accounts. Reporting to the Senior Director of Federal Sales, the Federal Government Sales Representative will execute strategies for identifying and securing business opportunities within the Federal Government market. The Federal Government Sales Representative will be responsible for growth and management of key end user relationships within strategic and regional government accounts and must have the ability to network and navigate across multiple US Government agencies. The Federal Government Sales Representative will be part of a collaborative team responsible for overall Federal Government revenue targets and goals.
Position responsibilities will include identifying and developing new business opportunities for HPMS (High Pressure Mass Spectrometry) related technology platforms and must be able to initiate and execute upon key developmental opportunities, as aligned within government team strategies and goals. Performance will be measured by revenue generation and sourcing new business opportunities, both at the local and regional levels. We offer a very dynamic, entrepreneurial work environment and the chance to be a part of a growing company innovating with life critical technologies across key vertical government markets.
- Target key account customers to present value propositions of HPMS technology. Capable of understanding and developing equipment requirements for complex detection systems.
- Capable of articulating system value to the end user, operational components, and leadership level decision makers.
- Build and maintain relationships with end users to discuss and review their requirement needs and capability gap issues. Present best practice solutions and convey the value proposition of HPMS technology.
- Support, drive and seek ways to improve regional channel partner activities to provide easier, more efficient ways DoD agencies to procure 908 Devices products and services.
- Be part of the larger team to provide input and feedback regarding new product innovation (NPI) to meet the demands and needs of complex end user detection solutions.
- 3+ years of government sales expertise
- 3+ years key account or business development
- 3+ years CBRNE or military expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Basic understanding of chemistry associated with chemical detection technology.
- Excellent sales presentation, negotiation, and overall communication skills essential.
- Demonstrated ability to create a vision and drive change, as well as an ability to work within larger organizational objectives.
- Ability to travel (60 %+) essential.
- Ability to take on an informal leadership role and influence others without direct authority.
- Computer literacy in MS Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- CRM experience (preferably SFDC).