908 Devices Inc. has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spectrometry, or Mass Spec, devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of Mass Spec available in devices that are significantly smaller and more accessible than conventional laboratory instruments. Our Mass Spec devices are used at the point-of-need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics, and adjacent markets.
908 Devices is headquartered in Boston, MA, near the Seaport and has a satellite office in North Carolina and a growing population of remote staff worldwide.
Reporting to the Director of Product Development in the Boston office, you will join a growing and empowered engineering team to conceive, design and build remarkable products. 908 Devices embraces bold and inventive thinking, so bring your creativity, passion, and imagination to the table. We think big and enable our staff with cutting edge tools, resources, and flexibility to thrive in an energized workplace.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, documentation, prototyping and release of precision parts and assemblies employed in 908 Devices’ products. You’ll take designs from early concept to production and work cross functionally with 908’s engineers and scientists.
Key Responsibilities, Skills and Qualifications:
- A dedicated, details-oriented professional with a strong sense of ownership and a focus on driving tasks to completion.
- Expert user of Solidworks 3D CAD to design and fabricate precision parts and assemblies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering design principles, particularly for small machined parts in aluminum and plastics.
- Experience assembling and debugging complex mechanical mechanisms and fitments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- US citizen or permanent resident
- Experience with Solidworks PDM for revision control
- Experience with GD&T
- Experience with Arena for product bill of materials is a plus
- Experience in laboratory instruments, including electromechanical assemblies and fluid dispensing is a plus
- Experience with designing parts for injection molding is a plus
Education and Experience:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology or Associates Degree with suitable relevant work experience
- 2+ years of relevant experience